aqua 18 cover plate

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron westman

i 'm taking of my pull start from my aqu 18 because it 's shot again ,so i need a cover plate. does anyone no the part # for aua18 and also one for my 18 tz . do they fit the same cover?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks jerry but the tz is going in my jae12g2 and the back plate hits the engine mounts that jim M made me?

Byron the cover plate that works is the one for the OS CVR,there is a little material you have to mill off it and you have to cut off the pull start pin off the crank. The TZ has a cover made just for it, can get both at tower.

well i got my new cover plate for my 18 tz and it does not fit all the way in . i looked in the book and noticed that there are different crankshafts. one for the 18tz(p)-t and mine the 18tz-tx .

what to do now?

what hits??? pto pin?? grind it off...find out what causes it not to go in and solve the issue....

bench grinder will work fine,,,just keep it square and take your time..dont get the pin to the point where its bright red..just go slow and square....

ac

so what is the trick to getting the rod off the crankshaft? i have the piston at the top so shoulden't the rod just slip off.any tips would be great

Latest posts

Back