Anyone tried a 19T on 7 or 8 cells?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjslhill

Has anyone ever tried a 19T motor on 7 or 8 cells? I am thinking of setting up a Campbell hydro on 7 or 8 cells using a 19T direct drive with LiPoly.

thanks,

Steve

Steve I (my son ) Had a doug forrester eco boat that ran on 6 cells and a 19T chemeleon and that thing would hit 26 to 27 mph on just cp2400's I bet it would be a great combo in a campbell shovel.

Jim

Has anyone ever tried a 19T motor on 7 or 8 cells? I am thinking of setting up a Campbell hydro on 7 or 8 cells using a 19T direct drive with LiPoly.

thanks,

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve

Paul Pachmeyer did that in 00 or 01 with 8 cells in a Climate proto rigger (I am not adv'g for Climate I have a 6 month old order in with them for $thousands and no response to several emails) - I remember it running 38mph average speed for 4 or 5 laps of a nitro course on 2000's.

I was looking for 30mah and 7-10 min runtime, any thoughts?

thanks,

Steve

Steve

Paul Pachmeyer did that in 00 or 01 with 8 cells in a Climate proto rigger (I am not adv'g for Climate I have a 6 month old order in with them for $thousands and no response to several emails) - I remember it running 38mph average speed for 4 or 5 laps of a nitro course on 2000's.

"I was looking for 30mah and 7-10 min runtime, any thoughts?

thanks,

Steve"

I smell something burning. Steve run any turn you want. A 19T on Lipos? 7.4 volts for 8 minutes.

Not reliable at all. Just trying to help ya out buddy.

I would guess 4-5 min runtime on 8 cells, without burnin up the com. For 3 rounds probably do-able.

I challenge you to try it and report back to us.....

Jeff

Thanks, 8 is not going to work, that's good info. Howard does not even like 7.4 Lipoly either. Sounds like this motor is out. I am now thinking of using a Hughey gearbox and mild mod motor with a high ratio. Maybe a 640 or 642 prop with the gearbox. Remember, I want runtime, not all out speed.

Any brushless ideas?

thanks,

Steve

I would guess 4-5 min runtime on 8 cells, without burnin up the com. For 3 rounds probably do-able.

I challenge you to try it and report back to us.....

Jeff

Since Speed is not an issue you could take a 19t can put a p2k2 (27t) arm in it and use a gearbox. You probably could get 8 minutes with that for sure if not alot more. Probably would work ok DD but a gearbox will take some of the stress from the motor.

Sounds like a low buck project you could even use some of the smaller graupner motors.

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, we have 4.0AH of energy to use if I used IB3800 cells. Assuming that we can get it done with 30 amps average, that should equate to 8 mins. What motor system can we use in this that uses on average, 30 amps and does not get too hot in 8 mins? Since a CB can do 25 mph on 6 cells with a 27T, I can't see why we can't get this to do 25mph. It may take a 7.4V or 11.1V lipoly setup though. I can't wait to get one and try.

Two below in parallel should work very well, only 190g vs. 390g of NIMH.

7.4V 2100mAh (2 cells) Rating: 15C (31.5A) continuous, 20C (42A) burst Dimension: 34mm x 100mm x 13mm Weight: 95 grams Termination: 16AWG wire & 4-pin balancer connector

Since Speed is not an issue you could take a 19t can put a p2k2 (27t) arm in it and use a gearbox. You probably could get 8 minutes with that for sure if not alot more. Probably would work ok DD but a gearbox will take some of the stress from the motor.

Sounds like a low buck project you could even use some of the smaller graupner motors.

Jeff

You may want to test a Traxxas Titan Can motor. Its a 600 size sealed can with a fan for cooling, similar to a 700 type. These will take 14.4 to 16.8 volts.

Okay, we have 4.0AH of energy to use if I used IB3800 cells. Assuming that we can get it done with 30 amps average, that should equate to 8 mins. What motor system can we use in this that uses on average, 30 amps and does not get too hot in 8 mins? Since a CB can do 25 mph on 6 cells with a 27T, I can't see why we can't get this to do 25mph. It may take a 7.4V or 11.1V lipoly setup though. I can't wait to get one and try.

7.4V 2100mAh (2 cells) Rating: 15C (31.5A) continuous, 20C (42A) burst Dimension: 34mm x 100mm x 13mm Weight: 95 grams Termination: 16AWG wire & 4-pin balancer connector

Jeff

There is an idea....really high voltage and lower current. Problem with that 14.8V 4S and 18.5V with 5S. Go NIMH and you have a brick in the hull. We need something for 14.8V or 11.1V or less. Keep the ideas coming.

thanks,

Steve

You may want to test a Traxxas Titan Can motor. Its a 600 size sealed can with a fan for cooling, similar to a 700 type. These will take 14.4 to 16.8 volts.

Jeff

Back