Anyone know what year and master hull # this boat is?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome thanks. I want to build this boat but I haven’t been able to find many pictures of this boat. Thought it looked cool with full cowling. All the other years have an open engine bay.

I built and just sold this boat to Greg Wannamaker yesterday. It was formerly the 1972 Notre Dame and that's why it has a cowling. With the covered cowling there's probably less chance of putting the fire out in the motor when you get washed down. It was Bud's back up and display boat until Chenowith crashed the Griffon Bud and they ran this boat for the 1980 Seafair race. It had a graphic on either side of the cowling that says, "This Race for Dean, the Budweiser Crew".
David Newton has photos (or you can look on my media page) and Wes Eliot from Wesley's Custom Graphics cut the vinyl. Wes also sells some vinyl aluminum simulated rub rail and vinyl simulated cowling hold downs that add nice scale detail.

Last edited:
for dean.jpg

They brought the boat out in Seattle, but it had leaks so they didn't race it until San Diego. This picture is from Seattle

Harry, is that Ron Snyder sitting next to Bernie?

Yes, Ron Snyder qualified the boat but they didn't race it because of the leaks. They leased Chuck Hickling's boat for the next three races and then brought this boat back in San Diego. by then Dean was recovered enough to drive. He got good draws and won his first two heats with the boat. It wasn't able to start in the final.

Back