Anybody know what novarossi this is ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomas erb

Just wondering if any one has some insite on this motor and can tell me which model it is ?

image.jpg

image.jpg

It is the very early version of the TX.21r1wc/ms as seen on novarossi web site.these engines where the newest .21 NR came out with in the early 90s. I may be wrong but its one of the first long stroke engines, and one of the first having 7 port sleeve. Bill Magraw sold a lot of these in the 90s. that Slide crab defiantly tells me its an early version. You should ask Ron Shaw about this engine, he would be more accurate on the history and what NR did in those days. even today that is a great 20 motor.

Jim

Ron, sells Novarossi engines. look him up. he has threads posted on manufacturers and distributor forums. on this site

Jim

If is has 2000 on the side it is a short stroke ......If it has RX21 on the side it is a long stroke......

Thomas,

I believe this is the engine you have, without being able to physically inspect the engine. Slide and barrel carbs were available at the time. It is currently out of production, but there were parts for that motor in the stock I received from Glenn. Looks like Tom has some parts as well. If you need anything, let me know. Here is a parts listing.

http://www.novarossi.net/2012/images/files/esplosi/top/TX21MR2NS.pdf

Like Rod said. 2000 = short stroke. Looks like from that pic. I have run these with the red KB carb for a long time and also the nova rotating barrel carb with about the same bore. .343 - .346 or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
The current 5 or7 port Nova connecting rod will fit this motor.......the 2513-TH9 rear and 607-TH9 front bearings are available at Boca Bearing...

There is a P&S avail from RB engines that fit the Nova 2000....I believe the motor has a w??7 in the model number......

The point being these were and still are a dam good motor....

Find a decent set up , get a good start , drive a good lane and finish all rounds and I guarantee you that 98% of the time you will come home with hardware....

You don't need a $500.00 .21 motor to bring home trophies.....

I didn't know there were two variations of this Motor. good to learn something, thanks!!! and I agree that you can do well with out the latest and greatest. I still run my old OS RZM with a mac .21 nitro pipe and it dose very well.

Jim

The current 5 or7 port Nova connecting rod will fit this motor.......the 2513-TH9 rear and 607-TH9 front bearings are available at Boca Bearing...

There is a P&S avail from RB engines that fit the Nova 2000....I believe the motor has a w??7 in the model number......

Find a decent set up , get a good start , drive a good lane and finish all rounds and I guarantee you that 98% of the time you will come home with hardware....

I agree Rod. Im glad all of the new 3, 5, and 7 port, as well as the 9 port long and extra long stroke inboard Nova's, are well under that amount at $185-$435.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree Rod. Im glad all of the new 3, 5, and 7 port, as well as the 9 port long and extra long stroke inboard Nova's, are well under that amount at $185-$435.
Yes, for that reason we should have some NITRO races with about 60 .21 boats in attendance!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back