Any word on Indy Masters ??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Whitt

Bruce called me and said there were some troubles.Just wondering if they have been ironed out.I lost B

ruces number.Please forgive me.

Dennis Whitt

Bruce called me and said there were some troubles.Just wondering if they have been ironed out.I lost B

Dennis Whitt
Hello Dennis,

I've had e-mail contact with Bruce this week about the club, pond, and ect now that I'm in Indy. He replied saying that there where only 2-3 members and the way I understand it is that the pond that they use is close to being lost. I hope not because I've heard good things about the Indy Hydro Masters race.

Anyone else know something?

-Buck-

Dennis Whitt
Hello Dennis,

I've had e-mail contact with Bruce this week about the club, pond, and ect now that I'm in Indy. He replied saying that there where only 2-3 members and the way I understand it is that the pond that they use is close to being lost. I hope not because I've heard good things about the Indy Hydro Masters race.

Anyone else know something?

-Buck-

I hope things are well at the Indy pond, Bruce will post something if not.

From what I understand the Indy club has been on the verge of loosing that pond for years. There is one race a year there that might not happen this year. I kind of have a feeling that once it stops it will be the end of the Indy Hydro Masters race. It's just too much for a 2-3 man show to handle. Other than that I'm the only one who uses it. I take that back, Don T comes out too. I don't have a boat to put the bouys in the water so there are no bouys right now.

It's too bad really. There is an incredible about of history with this hobby and the Indy boat club. I wish I could have been around here in the 90's

Last edited by a moderator:
In my last conversation with Bruce,He said he was havinga personal problem and that there was a club on the Ohio Indiana border that was going to help out or maybe run the race there.

Hey,I am just an FE guy but I have always heard good things about this historic race and was Honored to be invited to run Electric there.

That being said ,I say lets Rally the troops and keep this inportant venue.Anybody know of this other club he spoke of ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Dennis,

I talked to stu a few day's ago and yes bruce is having some personal family problems.. I know we discussed his other lake and he really wants to have it at indy.. I told him i would help run the race's if needed.. He is going to try and keep it there and said he was going to let me know real soon what the status is.. if i here anything i will let you know.

If anyone else is attending and has experience with cd race's or just wants to help please post here for stu to see..

I want to have a good race.. I like indy alot and want to keep going there.. I know that it is hard with only a two man club so any help would be appriciated.

Chris

Bruce and I talked at length last night about hosting the MASTERS at Indy. Even though I have had a few buddies step up to the plate to help, there were too many if's for us to depend on coming through. We want this to be a first class race and felt it necessary not to cancel race, but to look to one of our neighboring clubs as an alternate sight for this year. A few clubs considered this and I want to thank them for their efforts. Cincinnati has agreed to be a host sight and has gotten approval from their park board to do so.

I will work on the technicallities on having race moved to there for this year. I will keep you posted through IW on any information to follow. Contact me at 812-988-9208 of crpshtr@aol. com if you have any questions.

Ok !!! just got off of the phone with Stew.(what a great guy).Indy is ON.But it has been moved to Cincinatti pending IMPBA aproval wich is just red tape.Stewart idicated to me that all classes are open for registration using the Indy Flyer on the IMPBA sight.Everything will be the same mentioned on the flyer other than the sight.Hotel imformation will be forth comming.I am told this sight is beautiful as it is a in a municiple park.

The coveted green jacket will be awarded to any 1st place in any class that has 6 or more entrees that shouldnt be a problem right.So lets get those entrees in.And just for grins if your going,Drop us line up here and tell what your running just so everybody gets an idea of what they might miss.

Personaly I plan on running open sport,8th scale FE and open 8th scale,Open tunnel,open mono .What are you guys running ???? Here we go ??????

"A" hydro,.. that's it.

Ok !!! just got off of the phone with Stew.(what a great guy).Indy is ON.But it has been moved to Cincinatti pending IMPBA aproval wich is just red tape.Stewart idicated to me that all classes are open for registration using the Indy Flyer on the IMPBA sight.Everything will be the same mentioned on the flyer other than the sight.Hotel imformation will be forth comming.I am told this sight is beautiful as it is a in a municiple park.

The coveted green jacket will be awarded to any 1st place in any class that has 6 or more entrees that shouldnt be a problem right.So lets get those entrees in.And just for grins if your going,Drop us line up here and tell what your running just so everybody gets an idea of what they might miss.

Personaly I plan on running open sport,8th scale FE and open 8th scale,Open tunnel,open mono .What are you guys running ???? Here we go ??????

Our club is going to help out with the event. We will supply the lake, buoys, porta jons, speakers, clock, netting etc. Stu is still the man in charge. Same great event, just at a different lake.

We have a nice site...it is a park, but not as beautiful as most parks are. It is an RC Boating lake ONLY. The water is perfect for RC boats...rarely rough. Permanent drivers stand that makes your eyes about 16' above the water.

More info can be found at www.cincymbc.com

I will post directions and hotel info later today.

Brian

Cincinnati Model Boat Club Commodore

Latest posts

Back