any one use .21 jae plans for .45 jae?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im wondering if you make a .21 wider how good will it run with a .45 size motor?
running a .45 motor in a .21 JAEG2 does not translate well.....send me your e-mail address and I will send you the .45 plans.....

Ron has there been any major changes in the 45 plans that where relased on Ne-Stuff web?

Last edited by a moderator:
im wondering if you make a .21 wider how good will it run with a .45 size motor?
running a .45 motor in a .21 JAEG2 does not translate well.....send me your e-mail address and I will send you the .45 plans.....

Ron has there been any major changes in the 45 plans that where relased on Ne-Stuff web?
Not a single change..........
Turns out I was wrong....I talked to David today and he did make some changes to the .45 boats that he built for Walt Barney and Mike Schindler....there were no "major" changes however..........

This is what I know as of now.........I do know that he made a change to the tub bottom for it to mimic the JAE.21G2 tub with the [2] piece flat bottom rather than the [3] piece bottom shown on the plans.David also changed the boom tube locations slightly to facilitate a different fuel tank and he also changed the mounting scheme for the turn fin and he also moved the motor back a bit.......As far as I know the changed .45 boat has yet to be run .........I did not know about these changes prior to today........ :wacko: :p

I will talk to David again tonight and will post all the changes he made if there are more....... ;)

I have personally seen the first prototype JAE .45 run at Hobart last year and I know if you build a boat exactly per the published plans you will not be disappointed......

Rod Geraghty

P.S.I do know a wider .21 boat is not the way to go......that has been tried with less that favorable results.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Not a single change..........
Turns out I was wrong....I talked to David today and he did make some changes to the .45 boats that he built for Walt Barney and Mike Schindler....there were no "major" changes however..........

This is what I know as of now.........I do know that he made a change to the tub bottom for it to mimic the JAE.21G2 tub with the [2] piece flat bottom rather than the [3] piece bottom shown on the plans.David also changed the boom tube locations slightly to facilitate a different fuel tank and he also changed the mounting scheme for the turn fin and he also moved the motor back a bit.......As far as I know the changed .45 boat has yet to be run .........I did not know about these changes prior to today........ :wacko: :p

I will talk to David again tonight and will post all the changes he made if there are more....... ;)

I have personally seen the first prototype JAE .45 run at Hobart last year and I know if you build a boat exactly per the published plans you will not be disappointed......

Rod Geraghty

P.S.I do know a wider .21 boat is not the way to go......that has been tried with less that favorable results.....
Rod,

I hope to try my JAE 45 out at pratice day in Huntsvill if I can get the motor mount rubber thingys that Davis is sending me installed, at the very least I hope to break in the engine.

Walt Barney

Ok So I have to make the hour drive down to Huntsville this weekend to talk to Dave and watch Walt Barney break in his boat .... I have a ton of questions on the 45.

And sorry Rod for calling you Ron up there :rolleyes:

Ok So I have to make the hour drive down to Huntsville this weekend to talk to Dave and watch Walt Barney break in his boat .... I have a ton of questions on the 45.

And sorry Rod for calling you Ron up there :rolleyes:
Al.

I don't think I will be there Saturday as we have unexpected company comming and I don't thinl I can talk them in go to Huntsville after a 13 hr. drive. I will be there Sept 4th if Bill will bring the Ruhbarb Pie.....

Walt Barney

Tanks 2 U

Walt's Hobbies

Back