Any Large Hulls for fast electrics?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

himmelman

Hi,

I thought this would be an interesting topic to start up...

I've setup a lot of small to medium sized hulls for electric sport running but I have never tried a very large hull - like 40"+. Does anybody know of a good hull around this size? I would also prefer to have it already painted, I'm getting really frustrated with trying to finish any of my hulls...

Also, what do you guys recommend for powering a big boat? I was thinking about a couple of Speed 700 motors to keep costs down.

I've been looking at the 46" vees from Warehouse Hobbies, they come gel coated in three different colours and look great. I'm not too concerned about a super high top speed, 30mph would be nice but 25 is acceptable.

Thanks again,

Greg

I have RC BOAT WORKS boats in stock. I also have some seaducer boats as well. B) Plus the scale hydros of MTO and Mad racing. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
himmelman

A 46" Deep Vee is a very large DV to power and run relatively quickly using electric power. Also the stock gas Warehouse Hobbies hulls would be quite heavy for electric. Most racers who use nitro racing hulls in electric classes have special light-layup made for them by the mfg.

The most commonly used medium size Offshore DV hull by racers is the Aeromarine Titan 40 (33.5") and it is most seen in "Q" Offshore (18 cells) and "S" Offshore (24 cells)

Twin 700 motors could be used to run a large DV but since the 700bb 8.4v motor or the SS1 motor are best run direct drive on 12 to 16 cells (each), your 40-46" DV hull would require 24 to 32 cells to run quickly. Clearly this is too large a hull to power with electric economically

If your heart is set on an economical semi large DV, I would recommend staying with a 32"-36" hull and use your twin 700's on about 24 cells.

or there is the 800 size motors on 20 to 32 cells i belive

i have a fdm 32 inch deep vee on 12 cells and a 700 direct its a heavy boat but it goes

Most racers who use nitro racing hulls in electric classes have special light-layup made for them by the mfg.

The most commonly used medium size Offshore DV hull by racers is the Aeromarine Titan 40 (33.5") and it is most seen in "Q" Offshore (18 cells) and "S" Offshore (24 cells)

as Doug said, special lay-ups for electric power is the way to go...

here's a photo of the Aeromarine Titan 40 FE lay-up next to a Seaducer FE-33, the Titan is set-up for 24 cells and the Seaducer for 18 cells...

http://community-2.webtv.net/TeamFUBARRacing/Titan40/

W.R Green

Secratary

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back