Any INFO on the New K&B 7.5 Super Pro?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the price difference is around $35 - $40. The Super Pro is a water cooled engine with the canister muffler. Not sure if there's a performance gain by replacing the air cooled head with the water cooled head.

JD

Jerry Dunlap said:
I think the price difference is around $35 - $40.  The Super Pro is a water cooled engine with the canister muffler.  Not sure if there's a performance gain by replacing the air cooled head with the water cooled head. 
JD

90535[/snapback]

JERRY , THE GAIN IS VERY GOOD , IT IS CALLED $$$$$$$ IN HIS POCKET ??

The Super Pro is just the Semi Pro w/c engine on a lower unit like the air cooled Pro 7.5. The lower unit has an opening for the w/c tubing. Yeah, it's basically the same thing as the 3.5 SX. I've run the 3.5 SX a bunch. I get beat by some SS engines and I beat a few SS engines. I've never run the Super Pro 7.5.

JD

JD,

You couldn't help me out could you? I bought a K&B SS 3.5 but I wasn't told it wouldn't come without the header and cannister muffler, would you by chance have used spares for sale?

Rodney

If you have a guy blowing your doors off with a Super Pro and there are other SP's in the race ... PROTEST !! Some one will put the .48 crank,rod,and piston in...unless they have fixed it not to fit...

With that said,, The .48 is a screamer and I suspect the .45 will be a better engine than the Pro with the crank issues...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: used canister muffler

Rodney, sorry I don't have any used parts for the 3.5ss. Gary Preusse might have some new parts.

Re: 48 piston/sleeve in a 45

Really not sure there would be much, if any performance gain with a 48 piston/sleeve in the 45. The main reason the guys here on the West Coast run the 48 is it allows them to race in C Mod with a better engine than the 11cc K&B w/tuned exhaust. Well, the perception is the 48 is better than the 11cc.

JD

Back