Any Help ??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonK

I have a 47" long shallow v mono and Im unsure as how to set it up. Do I go for stut or stringer, trim tab setup, rudder size, keep the "skeg" fin at the middle of the boat as the v section is very shallow, do i use turn fins, and Im sure I'll think of some more ;) . I plan on an imatation zenoha (ebay special I know I know) but thats just to start getting it wet, a zen will come. I've done s--t loads off reserch on all this just need those thoughts thought that i havent thought (um yeah). Will get pics up soon as.

Sizes...

L 47"

W 13"

Deepest point 3 1/2"

Strait line speed will be of most consern, turning will help (for the next strait pass, comprendee, DRAGBOAT.. So its got to plain..

Well hope that gave you somthing to think about for the time being and part names and no. will help I supose.

cheers JasonK

Picture_001.jpgPicture_003.jpgPicture_007.jpgPicture_009.jpgPicture_011.jpg

Picture_004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jason,

If you going for straight line speed, you shouldnt need trim tabs or turn fins, just balance the boat to sit correct .

Stay away from the zenoah copy, it wont go worth a **** unless u change the ignition system. Cheaper to start with a Zenoah!

Stinger or strut, is personal choice, although struts can be shorter in length than many stingers, comes down to what the hull needs.

Jason,

The hull looks to be a Twincraft or Kingcraft. When I tried to run my Kingcraft for straight line without the RH turn fin it chinewalked so badly that it lost speed compared to running the turn fin.

Ian.

Patch the bottom, go for double trimtabs, a stinger and a turnfin left and right. The placement of the trimtabs seen to be indicated roughly already by the holes in the transom. Looks like a boat with good potential when set-up properly.

Latest posts

Back