Any good 40 and/or Mono Manufacturers out there?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lenny Blake owns Rum Racing, not Rum Runner Racing. Both the 3.5 and especially the 7.5 size Calcraft are exceptional boats.

I talked to the man who bought Twincraft, Jimmy Whitbeck, a few weeks ago. He promised to send me contact information, but he hasn't done that yet. He said that he is recovering from his divorce and will be building boats in the future.

Lohring Miller

well i just got a FREE(sponsored) hull from Remey JR at the Wrams show in weschester last month, i told him i plan to race it with an ops supermarine 21(the blue head beast of a motor) and he sent me the boat as promised and gave me set up tips on the hull. all this after i told him that the motor was a gem and very close in timming numbers to the Novarossi and he told me to keep him up to date on my progress. that seemed like he was interested. i talked with Remey vs talking with Troy. remey is the owner troy works there, that might be a difference there.
I just called and talked to Remy. He said that he didn't do the sponsored kind of thing.

I have a few photos of my Speedmasters in my gallary. I've ran them for years but this year I'm running a Delta Force 60 mono.
I have only seen the Speedmaster 20 boat. Is there a 40 or 60? Who make the Delta Force. Looks like Seaducer copy. I wouldn't do that to Jerry. If I were going to run that design. I would just pay him for it not someone else. I do like the deck better though.
It doesn't look like a Seaducer any more than a Seaducer looks like a Sightler. It's actually closer to a Speedmaster.
I meant Delta Force. The bottom of the Delta Force looks just like the bottom of the Seaducer.

I have a few photos of my Speedmasters in my gallary. I've ran them for years but this year I'm running a Delta Force 60 mono.
I have only seen the Speedmaster 20 boat. Is there a 40 or 60? Who make the Delta Force. Looks like Seaducer copy. I wouldn't do that to Jerry. If I were going to run that design. I would just pay him for it not someone else. I do like the deck better though.
It doesn't look like a Seaducer any more than a Seaducer looks like a Sightler. It's actually closer to a Speedmaster.
I meant Delta Force. The bottom of the Delta Force looks just like the bottom of the Seaducer.
I did too. If you look at them side by side you will see that the bottom is not really like a Seaducer at all. Yes it is a Vee hull & it has strakes but so does most every other mono.

I did too. If you look at them side by side you will see that the bottom is not really like a Seaducer at all. Yes it is a Vee hull & it has strakes but so does most every other mono.
Well, I was refering to the 4 strakes starting at the very front of the hull and ending about 3/4 of the way back. That is different from the Calcraft which only has two placed placed in the middle and different from my Aeromarine that has breaks in the streaks. It also appeared that the boat does not use trim tabs. I beleive that requires some thought in engineering that is very similar if not the same to that of seaducer. I am not saying it's bad it just looks like a copy to me... that's all.

I have a few photos of my Speedmasters in my gallery. I've ran them for years but this year I'm running a Delta Force 60 mono.
Well, I was refering to the 4 strakes starting at the very front of the hull and ending about 3/4 of the way back. That is different from the Calcraft which only has two placed placed in the middle and different from my Aeromarine that has breaks in the streaks. It also appeared that the boat does not use trim tabs. I beleive that requires some thought in engineering that is very similar if not the same to that of seaducer. I am not saying it's bad it just looks like a copy to me... that's all.
The Delta Force definitely uses trim tabs.

I am looking for a good 40 and/or 60 mono to race at the 2007 NAMBA Nationals. I am looking for someone who has a competitive hull that is in full production that is not Seaducer. No problems with a Seaducer from what I see it is a good boat I just want something different. If there is someone out there that has a hull that is readily available I am interested in assiting with marketing and promotions in much the same way that I do so with CMDi and LeeCraft. (ie. website, photos, paint, ads, sales, wins, records, etc, etc.) Just curious if anyone is interested. A RTR version would also be ideal.
Roger, One of the best unkown hulls is the new Speedmaster 45, This is a new design by Chris fabbro, Sold thru Speedmaster, I have seen 1 of these run & killed the competiton & there were a few US-1 40 monos in the water @ the same time, This hull is unkown by most Only a very few people have them, A Very different bottom from the current production boat, Contact me if you are interested. Joe Warren Memphis Tn.

...One of the best unkown hulls is the new Speedmaster 45, This is a new design by Chris fabbro, Sold thru Speedmaster, I have seen 1 of these run & killed the competiton & there were a few US-1 40 monos in the water @ the same time, This hull is unkown by most Only a very few people have them, A Very different bottom from the current production boat, Contact me if you are interested. Joe Warren Memphis Tn.
Joe, please tell how it's different from the current production 45s... I've got both the current production style, and one Speedmaster 45 hull with no strakes at all, and a different deck opening around the engine. I assumed that one (the no strakes) was a very early working prototype, from when the Speedmaster 45 was first offered (no, it's not a Microburst; definitely a Speedmaster).
Duane

Last edited by a moderator:
...One of the best unkown hulls is the new Speedmaster 45, This is a new design by Chris fabbro, Sold thru Speedmaster, I have seen 1 of these run & killed the competiton & there were a few US-1 40 monos in the water @ the same time, This hull is unkown by most Only a very few people have them, A Very different bottom from the current production boat, Contact me if you are interested. Joe Warren Memphis Tn.
Joe, please tell how it's different from the current production 45s... I've got both the current production style, and one Speedmaster 45 hull with no strakes at all, and a different deck opening around the engine. I assumed that one (the no strakes) was a very early working prototype, from when the Speedmaster 45 was first offered (no, it's not a Microburst; definitely a Speedmaster).
Duane
Chris is the developer for speedmaster hulls, He build many awesome 45-67 boats in his development days, I will get some pics of the very destinctive ride pad under the boat with a 8.0 digital & e-mail you. send me a address. 1 of these is already racing, very fast 45 boat that corners very well. I dont know if they have release this hull yet But should be very soon. Mine is about complete. Looking forward to tweaking on the hardware.

Duane
Chris is the developer for speedmaster hulls, He build many awesome 45-67 boats in his development days, I will get some pics of the very destinctive ride pad under the boat with a 8.0 digital & e-mail you. send me a address. 1 of these is already racing, very fast 45 boat that corners very well. I dont know if they have release this hull yet But should be very soon. Mine is about complete. Looking forward to tweaking on the hardware.
I Chris is making it you know it's top shelf construction.

Duane
I remember the day Chris raced the No strake design 45 boat, Very fast boat, But it needs the strakes to keep the water from crawling up the hull. He designed many 45-67`s. he was playing with the great bottoms with a slight hook @ the transom . These were some of his best work.

Joe W,

I thought Chris was making boats again but he sent me a note today saying he has sold all of his molds to Mark Hopper and the last Speedmaster 45 hull he designed is the one I have.

Back