Any gassers running that new CMB gas motor

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never thought of running a "SteveWood-101" on gas ?

1/4'x32 spark-plugs are there .. you just need the German PowerSpark to fire it.

Glue the timing-magnet on the flywheel-front , and make a bracket at the last engineflange-bolts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet the AAC cylinder would seize. They sure were worthless on the 35.

Lohring Miller

Actually Hugh, Steve Wood does the mods for the 101 for $125 and an addition $45 for the carb mod. Not bad for a REALLY strong running motor.
Yeah but you'll need a bag of "buckdaddy" magic break-in powder but it's a steal at $19.95.
Buckshot, is that something like "Pixie Dust". It really works. Try it and see how fast it makes your money dissappear. :)

Charles

So will this be like karting with two classes one piston port and a seperate class for rotary timed intake . If not it becomes who has the most money is the winner

Having a winning boat is not about who has the most money, but how smart you drive and how well your boat is set up. No amount of money can fix "stupid"!!!

Don

Having a winning boat is not about who has the most money, but how smart you drive and how well your boat is set up. No amount of money can fix "stupid"!!!

Don
No it can't but it sure makes it easer to look smart.

Who has the best price on the cmb 27x gas ? And what mods if any needs to be done and who can do that ? If anyone has ran this engine could you please post your results . I'm all SAW so it's got to be strong up in the Rs but it's hard to beat the 29.5 ZENs I have with hotpipes . Thanks guys

Never thought of running a "SteveWood-101" on gas ?

1/4'x32 spark-plugs are there .. you just need the German PowerSpark to fire it.

Glue the timing-magnet on the flywheel-front , and make a bracket at the last engineflange-bolts.
it would be like kissing your sister?? RS101 on GAS? Boooooooooooooooo

Maybe CMB will convert this New Engine to NITRO. Looks like the BIG Brutha from another Mutha to the RS101 to me.......... B) B)

JW/JULIAN ........But its not a gas engine so whats the point? :huh:

I didnt ask about this motor as an alternative to a 101 I asked about it coz I have interest in what it is- A gas motor.

Trust me I know all about those "correctly modified" 101's you have to sign away your house to own one.

How does one spend 800 dollars on something when they havent seen the work?

I can get that motor new for about 570.00

So I wonder what correctly modified entails @ 300.00?

Stuart, please continue to keep us updated with the gas motor. Some time ago I was offered a great deal on a AEROMARINE thunderboat. I want something nice to power it with.

Hugh
If you want something nice if suggest a new 29.5 ZENOAH with 1048 carb and a Hotpipe or insane dominator pipe for big bore 29.5 . With that said I have a QDP 29 and they are the total package as you can only buy them with Hotpipe and wdwyk33 carb with is a little finicky but with a little tuning you'll quickly get the hang of it . Now you'll spend around $1100 for QDP29 but as I said its a complete power package but I have a very nice 29.5 ZENOAH pro mod that is to say its got all the tricks and new internal stinger Hotpipe with a mod 1048 carb ( just polished up and stainless steal Ron buck carb butterfly shaft) and it run IMHO as good as my qdp29 . But when it's all said and done you'll pay $260 shipped for a new 300pum with 1048 carb and 1mm crank already installed as its a true 29.5 and then $250 for mods if your lucky then another $160 for Hotpipe so for about $700 you can have a great 29.5 ZENOAH or for $1100 shipped a qdp29 that's Also top shelf . The ZENOAH is much cheaper to rebuild and parts are everywhere . Gizmo engines stocks everything for them and he's got the best price , shipping and inventory hands down . The new cmb 27x still Neesd more real work R&D before I'd pull the trigger but shows promise . Back to the QDP it is one of the best gas engines out there but for the guys that supported QD in the ruff day like with the 35 cc and The rear exh engines and some of the QD HR and ht I would have thought that you could have sent your hr or ht back and got the QDP upgrade but NO CHANCE!!! It's a new or nothing . Ps Mitch a d Todd you guys are still the best !!!! IMHO

I have yet to be impressed with a 29.5.. I have seen several of the main engine mod guys motors run and just not impressed. I keep debating whether or not to pick one up and try my hand at modding. I'll personally stick with my own G260's..

As far as the CMB 27, I heard of someone in the Texas area getting one recently. I know he knows his way around a CMB as well, so I look forward to seeing this engine perform. A 27cc running 20-21K rpm could be a game changer.

I have held the "gun" on Mark Grim's rigger with the CMB 27 & CMB pipe. 75-77coming out of the corner, 81-82 into the corner on the standard 1mi. NAMBA course!

Don

On the WC 2012 in germany coming some italian drivers with a brandnew BZM 27ccm engine (www.bizetamotor.com) runs very good

Back