Another JAE 90-101 on the Building Block

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRXHydros

I will be building my second JAE 90-101 & putting up pictures along the way. All the bulkheads with be pinned with 1/8 Dowel Rod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those SIG WW2 plane canopies work great. I use them on my KEP'S rigger. Real light and cheep. Make a template lid and save it. Makes it much easer to build a new one.

Nice touch with the dowel system.

David

Those SIG WW2 plane canopies work great. I use them on my KEP'S rigger. Real light and cheep. Make a template lid and save it. Makes it much easer to build a new one.

Nice touch with the dowel system.

David

more pics.
Boat looks great,maybe blunt the nose a little. Nice build.
Thanks David for the good words & yes the SIG canopies really are great to work with....& yes a template would be a good thing to do. Thanks Ron for the good words & yes I will make the nose a little more blunt.....Thanks for Looking....I am waiting for brass tubing at the hobby shop to come in & motor rails, strut from the mail...while I am waiting I will build sponsons....here are some pics. Boom Blocks will be installed for the boom tubes & the sponson with the turn fin will have a 1/4" block with two tee nuts nested in glue & after planking will pin with 1/8 dowel rod around the turn fin block (top--end --bottom). The pink foam has hundreds of holes in it for plywood griping strength when gluing with epoxy. (I have never had a problem with using pink foam, I made a tool out of T -pins & punch hundreds of holes in the matter of seconds + I find that pink foam at construction sites for free in a dumpster). Now can you beat that?

Joel

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some more pics....sponsons are built & I put them on the hull to check on my flat building table for a straight built hull & it is PERFECT!.....you gotta love your building table.....I know I do. Now I just need to cap the radio box & bait box...build the the ski box...install the shaft & finish the canopy. I Love this Rigger & will be building more.

Joel

Here are some more pics....sponsons are built & I put them on the hull to check on my flat building table for a straight built hull & it is PERFECT!.....you gotta love your building table.....I know I do. Now I just need to cap the radio box & bait box...build the the ski box...install the shaft & finish the canopy. I Love this Rigger & will be building more.

Joel

cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

Back