American Professional Racing association

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fred & Co. please do not make the turns 150 wide, there are many racers who's boats are dialed in for IMPBA/NAMBA courses that are 1/2 of that.
He won't I think he got his Radius and Diameter mixed up. I Hope. :huh:

When we helped layout the Nashville track we went with 70' Dia.(35'Radius). +/- 5' shouldn't hurt too many. :rolleyes:

Fred & Co. please do not make the turns 150 wide, there are many racers who's boats are dialed in for IMPBA/NAMBA courses that are 1/2 of that.

When we helped layout the Nashville track we went with 70' Dia.(35'Radius). +/- 5' shouldn't hurt too many. :rolleyes:
You've never seen us get, "On The Bouys" have ya Chad!! I like to make em rock as I go by and it's all by learned feel!! :D

You've never seen us get, "On The Bouys" have ya Chad!! I like to make em rock as I go by and it's all by learned feel!! :D
Amen brutha Scott. Gotta peel a layer of paint off every now and then. :eek:

:D well I'm glad to see Fred has made it in here and giving y'all some of the answers you were looking for.

Cool then. We will have them at 35'R. End of conversation.
...... and 6 laps. :D
Like NAMBA right?

With having 5 heats that might be a little much but we will see.

OAN; Nitro Classes

Keep in mine that all classes will be OPEN

Nitro Class Displacement

A 0 - 3.509 cc (0 - 0.21 cu. in.)

B 3.51 - 7.509 cc (0.22 - 0.45 cu. in.)

C 7.51 - 11.009 cc (0.46 - 0.67 cu. in.)

X 11.01 – 30.009 cc (0.68 - 1.80 cu. in.)

Nitro Classes

Open A Mono

Open A Hydro(RTR Hydros will race here)

Open B Mono

Open B Hydro

Open C Mono

Open C Hydro

Open X Hydro

Open X Mono

Open 1/8 Scale

I know I left out the riggers and cats. I just need to know what is the sizes that most are running. Keep in mind that if there aren't enough entries for a specific class, there is a possiblity that you will/can be mooved to the next class.

Input is welcomed, Just don't hit me too hard.LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Way too much a displacement spread. Check your p/m's I sent you something on this last night. ;)

And 6 laps ...... like IMPBA and NAMBA. :p

And lose the word Open. ^_^

Way too much a displacement spread. Check your p/m's I sent you something on this last night. ;)
And 6 laps ...... like IMPBA and NAMBA. :p

And lose the word Open. ^_^

Should they adopt the IMPBA displacement chart and use those classes. Would that be a better spread?

I thought IMPBA was 5?(NVM I found the rule)

Open will be gone.

PS read your PM. Thanks also.

this looks/sounds MUCH more positive :D ! a good exchange of questions, ideas, and answers. glad to see it. i doubt i would race in a $ series, this is my fun/relaxation. $ might change that attitude for me, don't want that..... but, anything that will promote our hobby/sport in a POSITIVE light will benefit us all, imho. adding our input will help fred and his group do that. don, if you were to accept his offer, it couldn't do anything but help towards that end. your experience and knowledge would be an asset to them. 100% your choice, but i think it would help everybody, on both sides of this deal. it would be cool to watch this on tv one sat. afternoon. i may stay a "grass roots" racer, but would love to watch a "pro" series, and all the hoopla that surrounds it. just my .02.

Here is a correspondence that I have had with Fred Williams via E-mail. I see no reason not to post it so all of you can be enlightened as I have. It reads as follows:

Thanks Fred. You answered my questions and I appreciate it. I didn't understand that the Prop guards are for the Hot Pits only. I can totally understand that as I have seen many near accidents in the Hot Pits. I hate that you don't have time to check into the Forums from time to time because there is alot of Good Feedback there and I also understand that you are trying to get other people to watch these forums and keep you informed as to what discussions are going on. I however don't understand why these discussions have gone on in the R/C Car and Boat World and have not been addressed in the past, all the while, you have scheduled Several events where the turnout was poor to say the least. I really would like to see your efforts succeed and this Series to be a hit but, without utilizing the Internet to see what people will do and trust, you are going to have a hard time. People in the R/C Families whether Cars or Boats are for the most part familiar with each other. You and your organization are not familiar to us. Who are you and how did you decide to start up a Pro Car and Boat Series? As far as we know you have never held a Radio Control in your hand. Tell us about yourself and how this came about. I know for a fact that the car guys think you are a scam artist trying to take their money and run. At least we, the Boaters are willing to listen and ask questions about what this is and where it might go. If you are for real, which I think you are, stop scheduling races and try to make sure anybody is going to attend, which so far hasn't happened. Think about it and if you make the right decision you will stop being the "Mysterious Fred Williams" and become someone that we know we can come race with and expect a class act show.

I still hold my ground on the Web Site though. Professional Is as Professional Does. If you have the backing that you appear to have, a Nice Web Site is Essential!

Take care Fred and Good Luck,

Scott

and from Fred:

Scott:

I have a few minute before my next meeting. I will try to answer more of your questions.

Guard on the hot pit table are for the protection of everyone. I consists of a piece of plexie or alum on the end of the table so that is some walk by and does not pay attention, it will stop them from swinging a hand or arm into a running/warm up of a boat. Prop guards are required on boat stand in you pit/tent area by both IMPBA and NAMBA. It is also required by APRCRA. Every race that I went to over the past 2 years there may have been a total of 5. It is a requirement, without exception! To many close calls and luck is running out.

As I stated with meeting and phone call I run about 14-16 hour a day in meeting and phone calls. It is better for me if I receive an e-mail here to answer questions. I copy everyone to make sure commitments are met. We have been around and building to this point for 2 years. Just about every question from the forums has been covered. In the first 5 months after we got the site up we received over 5K e-mails. Some against, many supportive. One of the main reasons for lack of boat entries has been issues with the 2 amateur orgs. We seem to be past that now. As far as the cars guys go, we set up a race in Mich and Ct. last year and I got a number of e-mails on the event. I took an extra trip for meeting with the head of some of these clubs at a cost of over $1K and no one showed up. They set the time and place and didn't show, The internet is a wonderful thing but it can also be the worst. Tell me if you are sick do you go to a forum for treatment? Maybe for info but not treatment. You go to the source just like you and I are doing now. I am sure that at some time you helped to set up a race or did it your self . Now times that by 10 for 2008. Now add meeting and phone calls with national sponsors. I lost my office manager 3+ months ago and she will not be able to come back due to her illness. Now add finding another one and an office etc. the to do list is huge. My 4 Board members put in a huge amount of free time because they believe in this venture. We will make it. As for being a scam to the car guys, they were the ones who killed it and this came from the guy that set up the meeting.

As for me, I have been running boats since I was 12. I was a professional Engineer for what seems forever. I was in volved with boats and cars and was a member of IMPBA many years ago. I ran in a few races back then but when I retire at 50 I needed something else to do so I got back into boating big time. After going to races the past 7 years and listening to all the complaints, fighting , miss run & unfair events plus the cost for boaters to go to races I decided to start the Pro. Assoc. This will take all the issues out of the old way and refresh the sport. Many have stated "why Can't this or that be like NAMBA or IMPBA?" Why start a third Group that is why all the complaining started with? Please do not get me wrong IMPBA and NAMBA are fine organizations but it is time to take it to the next level. I am not mysterious Fred Williams. I have been standing in the shadows listening and watching.

Just a couple of notes from thing that were on IW the other day,

1- No company currently involved in any way is involved with the Assoc. To much room for conflict of interest.

2- I am the sole owner of the Assoc.

3-Many complaint the Nashville was not a race. People signed up we races and had great time at a beautiful site and APRCRA did exactly what we said we would do to the letter. We did not care if 3 or 300 wanted to race we were ready. ( Got a office full of left over trophies)

4- If you saw the first web site 2 years ago to today there is lightyear worth of changes. These will continue and the webmasters are working on upgrades now. Please feel free to e-mail them your ideas, They will let me know and we can proceed from there.

Sorry I got a little long winded but my next meeeting got delayed so I wanted to finish this.

Thanks for your input Scott

Let me know if you need anything further.

Fred

APRCRA

I know that there is one point in there about the Prop Guards on the tables in IMPBA & NAMBA. I can't recollect ever seeing anything in IMPBA about that and I'm not familiar with the NAMBA rules, but, this is Fred's show and if he wants Prop Guards I don't see anything wrong with us clamping a prop guard on our pit tables. I don't think it needs to be anything extravagant.

In the past for prop guards at NAMBA races, we have used a aluminum cookie sheets bent in an L shape. We did not bolt them to the table. They could be placed under the back of the boat stand. This way everyone could set up their table the way they wanted to.

Mike

How is the prize money taxed before we get it or when we file at the end of the year as supplemental income which can be taxed at the 45% rate like pro sports players and NASCAR ?

Back