Aluminum "Wheel" type Servo Arms for Pull-Pull??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ed, i you watch an arm move from above it, it makes an arc with it's tip. it's end to end travel is part of a circle, & the steering linkage has to move from side to side as it follows the tips of an arm around that circle. a cable on a wheel is pulling from the same point (side to side) on the outer circumferance of the wheel. no movement other than straight front to back motion. you can throw away radio box seals. i just use the smallest plastic or nylon sleeve/tube the cable will fit thru. about 2" glued in the rear radio box wall on each side, with small heat shrink for a "wiper/seal". light, simple, & very watertight B) . with no side to side motion, i don't need a bellows or boot type seal, they're just a leak waiting to happen, imho.

ed, i you watch an arm move from above it, it makes an arc with it's tip. it's end to end travel is part of a circle, & the steering linkage has to move from side to side as it follows the tips of an arm around that circle. a cable on a wheel is pulling from the same point (side to side) on the outer circumferance of the wheel. no movement other than straight front to back motion. you can throw away radio box seals. i just use the smallest plastic or nylon sleeve/tube the cable will fit thru. about 2" glued in the rear radio box wall on each side, with small heat shrink for a "wiper/seal". light, simple, & very watertight B) . with no side to side motion, i don't need a bellows or boot type seal, they're just a leak waiting to happen, imho.
That darn Moparbarn knows his stuff...doesn't he? As a wise person once shared...you're never too old to learn. You just got to be open to it.

Robin is correct (dont let it go to your head there Robin.... :) ) The straight arm works just fine (as far as leaks are concerned), but a pulley set-up is a little smoother in its action.

~James

Robin is correct (dont let it go to your head there Robin.... :) ) The straight arm works just fine (as far as leaks are concerned), but a pulley set-up is a little smoother in its action.
~James
Hi there James,

Greetings from down South !

I attach two photos of the 'wheel' servo arms that I make up for all my boats. This system is based on what I learned from you and it works perfectly and provides an excellent waterproof seal.

Kind regards,

Back