Almost ready to get a new hull but....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redster

I'm almost ready to send a check to Phil thomas for a supersport 40. I still curious about AC sport45 hydro. Does anyone have any experience with them? I'm almost 100 percent on Supersport40 but just need another opinion on another hull.Thank you for any reply.

Redster

Redster said:
I'm almost ready to send a check to Phil thomas for a supersport 40. I still curious about AC sport45 hydro. Does anyone have any experience with them? I'm almost 100 percent on Supersport40 but just need another opinion on another hull.Thank you for any reply.
Redster

73960[/snapback]

Well for what it's worth I knew a guy who had an AC sport 40 & it ran well..........when it would launch. He got frustrated with it & sold it. He now runs a Supersport 45. B)

The AC Boats Sport 40 II is a great boat and does not have any problems launching.. I don't think you would be disappointed with either boat.

Charley

CHowarth said:
The AC Boats Sport 40 II is a great boat and does not have any problems launching.. I don't think you would be disappointed with either boat. 
Charley

73966[/snapback]

Is the Sport 40 II a new version?? Maybe this guy had an old one?? :unsure:

There II is newer but not new.. The first version of the AC Sport 40 was plagued with launching problems.

I think both boats are great and either would be a great choice.. If you are interested in a AC boat, get in touch with Brian Watts at Rocket City Racing in Florida.. He knows a lot about that boat..

Charley

curently i run a ac sport 40-II and it runs great, dave neelman and i run this hull in dist 1 with the proper set up you would 'nt be dissapointed. the supersport gets a butt kicking from time to time so does the ac 40 :D the wiplash ( brian blazer) is a good boat too. also i like to be different from everyone else, there are other great sport 40 out there but the ac boat is hard to beat with the right set up( as is any boat). I think the AC sport 40 -II is THE best looking hull on the soprt 40 market they handle the rough water extremely well when others are having trouble and blowing off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Red Where do you live and race boats? some boats are more popular in certain areas of the country.

Those brand X boats are ok but i think for what you are doing my boat would work real well. It was used for the NAMBA electric sport hydro SAW record run and has had heat racing wins using nitro and electric.

below is my web pages for my boats

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, if you really need them for a comparison:

http://www3.telus.net/acboats/

www.rocketcityracing.com

You've got Phil's.

I picked the SS45 stealth cowled hull myself. Knowing that it was epoxy-glas, I expected a lot of pin-holes. So far I haven't found one on it!

Well,looks like I would go for Phil's hull after much consideration.Mainly on how the cowl seals up cause I'm gonna use it for a big electric brushless with 24 cells. And might try to go for SAW next year. Thank you for all the input. I would primarily setting this up as my go fast,sweat on my forehead boat. I have a cat being set up right now but I know I would like a faster boat than that.Thank you guys.

Redster

Ron Olson said:
OK, if you really need them for a comparison:http://www3.telus.net/acboats/

www.rocketcityracing.com

You've got Phil's.

I picked the SS45 stealth cowled hull myself. Knowing that it was epoxy-glas, I expected a lot of pin-holes. So far I haven't found one on it!

74035[/snapback]

Great, get it done then bring it up to the NAMBA Electric Nationals (MC6) next year up here in Milford.

the ac isnt very pretty i think you be smokin crack!!! :lol: the phil thomas hull is beautiful the lines are just right and it looks realistic. now after doggin on the ac boat so hard i should say that i have one and i cant wait to run it next year. it should be a good one B)

Back