almost done...sheesh

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh...prolly gonna screw this up, need Roy to confirm/deny, while Workin Renault schoenith larry johnson got measurements/drawing? Gave to roy and peter munoz, Peter makes them

According to peter...the angle leading edge and depth had to be within a range, too steep it would tend to pull and hook . too far back it would lift the sponson cause hop

Last edited by a moderator:
and it begins again
default_smile.png

14681832_1777498959185752_5593999685636772963_n.jpg

Hi Leonard, did you build this? Sure looks like one of the boats John Logan built. They were excellent handling boats.
Hey Mike,

as in my previous scratch build, Dave Brandt guided me all along the build...has become one of my favorite scale buds

that maybe where u see some similarities im guessin

Nice. It does take a while doesn't it
default_huh.png
. I have been sanding and filling so much on my new boat the last few days my finger tips are sanded off! I think could get a second career as a safecracker.

As soon as I get the rough filling and sanding done and I can put it back together again I will post some photos. The stuffing box, motor mounts/Nova are in , radio box constructed, servos installed, rudder and strut in, turnfin bracket installed. Just have to mount radio box and mount 3rd channel and make linkages, install overboards , pipe mount, bore for the exhaust exit, waterline inlet and mount and fit the cowl pin. Getting there. The hard part is done and the I'm in the boring part now-sand and fill, sand and fill, sand and fill
default_wink.png
. I use West and 410 (mixed pretty dry) for filler for most of the filling and regular Bondo for just the really small stuff. The West and filler hold up really weli, sands easily and it doesn't chip out or stink to high heaven.

Pass along a good deal though. Got a gallon of West 105 resin through a seller (Atlantic Boat Supply-part of Jamestown Dist.) on Amazon delivered to my door for $90. Probably should post this on the general boating forum.

Latest posts

Back