(((Alert))) Bad email going around

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toyotatruckin

There is a spam email going around that has an attachment that will infect your computer, if you get one DO NOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENT!!! The attachment is a zip file thats your first clue. I got one this morning (didnt open the file) But I can see how this could be something that would lead someone to opening the file especially if you are waiting on packages.. Below is what I received and what you should look for: At the end of the heading there will be a random number

Post Express Office. Package is available for pickup.

Dear Customer.

Email notification No.8068525

Your package has been returned to the Post Express office.

The reason of the return is "Incorrect delivery address of the package"

Important message!

Attached to the letter mailing label contains the details of the package delivery.

You have to print mailing label, and come in the Post Express office in order to receive the packages!

Thank you for attention.

Post Express Service.

AGAIN Do not open the attachment

if you would like a bit more info on it you can do a search --- Post Express Office --- or go to the link below

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2011/02/01/outbreak-post-express-service-malware-attack-spammed-out/

Last edited by a moderator:
The best way to combat this type of spam is to have your anti-virus program scan all attachments before it allows them to be opened. I use Mc Caffee and it catches all virus infected attachments

I've been getting a lot of those the past month or longer. Apparently they're targeting people who aren't smart enough to realize that post offices don't have your e-mail address nor do parcel post companies like UPS or Fed-Ex.

Here's one that I received:

This is a post notification

Email notification No.7526721

Your package has been returned to the Post Express office.

The reason of the return is "Error in the delivery address"

Important message!

Attached to the letter mailing label contains the details of the package delivery.

You have to print mailing label, and come in the Post Express office in order to receive the packages!

Thank you.

Post Express Service.

Mine came from a yonkers.com address.

Back