• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Airtronics CS3W 3-Channel Radio System

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Bryant

Supporting Member
Airtronics CS3W Championship Series radio control system. This was the flagship wheel control radio system in Airtronics line-up back in the late 1980's. Very popular in car and boat racing world.

This unit features: 3-channel AM module, rugged aluminum transmitter case, dual-rate control steering, changeable frequency crystals, 94631 mini ball-bearing servo's (02), two receivers (channel 68), extra frequency crystals, rechargeable transmitter battery, rugged transmitter carrying case

Original owner. Never been used. Has been well kept. Original packaging and manual.

$150.00USD (plus $30.00USD shipping)

I had 2 of those when I first started RC back in the 80's great radios.

Some one correct me if I am wrong but I think these are wide band radios and they need to be converted narrow band to use at races.

You are correct Steve. I used to use a couple of these back in the late 80's as well. It will need to be converted by Radio South or someone else to prevent frequency "bleedover" before it can be used around other boats today.

Last edited by a moderator:
you're correct, these systems have to be updated, or converted, for narrow-band use. They would need to be sent to Airtronics, or a certified technician, to perform necessary changes.

Where is this radio located? Also would you consider selling it w/o the alum case?

The Airtronics looks almost identical to my old Futaba that also dates to the 80s.

I do have a 2chl radio like the one you're showing. The other is a Futaba FPT3FG. Looks about the same as Airtronics. 3 chl.w/alum housing w/plastic end caps wheel w/side throttle and 3rd chl.

Back