air cooled os

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jerry Dunlap says it outperforms the water cooled version head to head.....

In my opinion, since all the parts mic out exactly the same on both engines,the only difference is the volume of the exhaust extension.I figure that works much like a tuned pipe on the water cooled one. i just can't figure out why the air cooled one is 2 ozs. heavier. I would like to know what the gain would be if you increased the exhaust timing on the air cooled engine like I've done to the water cooled engine with pipe. They say my water cooled one is to fast to be legal even though I run it in Mod Tunnel. I would try to just buy the exhaust adapter. i don't think the price warrants buying the new air cooled one. The only other thought is does the water cooled engine run much colder? if so, restrict the water flow.

They say my water cooled one is to fast to be legal even though I run it in Mod Tunnel.
:rolleyes:

Tell ya what...

You bring that rocket to the November STRA race here in Brandon, FL. Good bet you won't think it's so fast so afterwards.

B)

/B

They say my water cooled one is to fast to be legal even though I run it in Mod Tunnel.

Tell ya what...

You bring that rocket to the November STRA race here in Brandon, FL. Good bet you won't think it's so fast so afterwards.

B)

/B
You guys better watch out, Im coming for all of you in sport tunnel with an old school tunnel, and POS thunder tiger :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JD

What prop have you found to work the best?

Thanks,

Charley
Charley - I've run both an Anderson 1440 and Monohan 1440 and both work well.

Randy - The "Godfather" definitely proved he can put the "hurt" on 'ya in a run off. The green towel does say, "Second Place" and John O. is wearing the Green Jacket.

JD

Tell ya what...

B)

/B
Dont count Dunny out,his boat A VS-1 was all over Mafia staff at Hobart. You could not put a boat between them......My new ride will have one of those Air cooled MONSTAS on it.

Billy,Billy,Billy, A very smart man once told me you only sound foolish when you speak. What, Northern boats can't be fast? I'm sure your boats are fast as are many others but don't put down what you don't know.

Went with the air cooled version heck tower even had a quantity discount :) so i just ordered a lynx man am i going to be in trouble for this

JD

What prop have you found to work the best?

Thanks,

Charley
Charley - I've run both an Anderson 1440 and Monohan 1440 and both work well.

Randy - The "Godfather" definitely proved he can put the "hurt" on 'ya in a run off. The green towel does say, "Second Place" and John O. is wearing the Green Jacket.

JD
My Mentor has given me the tools. He got that way from racers like yourself and Monohan and Tommy. :)

Back