Aeromarine Sport 21 and Sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayt

Has anyone been running an Aeromarine 21 hull - FE or nitro? I've been racing mine as a P Sport Hydro and have been pleasantly surprised at how well it performs. The botom design is pure 1980s, but so far at least mine has not only shown great speed (50s with conservative setup) but also an ability to handle rough water. 4S2P MarinePower 4400s, Neu 1521/1.5D and Hydra240LV spinning an x450/3 (mild prop). Great acceleration out of the turns and for such a narrow tunnel it corners pretty well. I'm still optimizing the turn fin and strut depth. I modded the hatch for easier taping, a simple change that makes it far dryer to run. I never get more than a couple drops of water inside this hull.

This is the most fun P Sport Hydro I've driven in years, it's "legal" at 33" and I'm glad I got the full nitro weight hull....I need it on rough windy water. I will be building an AM Shadow Sport 40 in the next few months to run in Q Sport Hydro. We need big boats in the wind, and as long as the pond is large enough the bigger boats are easier to drive.

Any experiences with either hull is appreciated.

10emvx0.jpg
2eajcrl.jpg

Jay,

I think madmike over on RRR is putting both together..

Almost have the Whip Q ready for testing,, just waiting on the motor and receiver to arrive!

Has anyone been running an Aeromarine 21 hull - FE or nitro?
Jay,

Glad to hear this is a good boat. I bought a nitro version (same boat) to convert to FE a year ago when it looked like the Pro Races (APRCRA) thing was going to take off. They specified all P set-ups with a hull limits of 34" for P-Mono & P-Sport.

I never did anything with that boat when that fell thru. Really good news to hear how well it handles rough water. I'm going to put it together for Nat's now that you made this post.

Thanks, Ken :D

Has anyone been running an Aeromarine 21 hull - FE or nitro? I've been racing mine as a P Sport Hydro and have been pleasantly surprised at how well it performs. The botom design is pure 1980s, but so far at least mine has not only shown great speed (50s with conservative setup) but also an ability to handle rough water. 4S2P MarinePower 4400s, Neu 1521/1.5D and Hydra240LV spinning an x450/3 (mild prop). Great acceleration out of the turns and for such a narrow tunnel it corners pretty well. I'm still optimizing the turn fin and strut depth. I modded the hatch for easier taping, a simple change that makes it far dryer to run. I never get more than a couple drops of water inside this hull.
This is the most fun P Sport Hydro I've driven in years, it's "legal" at 33" and I'm glad I got the full nitro weight hull....I need it on rough windy water. I will be building an AM Shadow Sport 40 in the next few months to run in Q Sport Hydro. We need big boats in the wind, and as long as the pond is large enough the bigger boats are easier to drive.

Any experiences with either hull is appreciated.

10emvx0.jpg
2eajcrl.jpg

Hey jayt,

I was just reading a thread on Rum Runner a couple days ago about the same FE boat. Check it out. the guy the started the thread is : madmikespags - under FE Q and A forums and the title is : Aeromarine 33" HYDRO. I'm sure he would be happy to hear from you!

-Kent

Ken, I race against a PT SS21 and a blisteringly fast wood sport boat (among others), and speed is no problem. I'm still working on different turn fins and think I have that licked. I can't turn inside the PT boat if he's on his game, but I still can do well. The boat is somewhat sensitive to strut depth and angle, but once you find the sweet spots it is a blast to drive. I was running it in 1-2" chop yesterday and with the right prop and strut setting no problem. Like any boat - with the wrong prop and stut setting it can be a handful.

Jay,
I think madmike over on RRR is putting both together..

Almost have the Whip Q ready for testing,, just waiting on the motor and receiver to arrive!
Sorry Richard! Did not see your reply here. Did not mean to stomp on you!

Well jayt, like Richard said...check out RRR.

Ken, I race against a PT SS21 and a blisteringly fast wood sport boat (among others), and speed is no problem. I'm still working on different turn fins and think I have that licked. I can't turn inside the PT boat if he's on his game, but I still can do well. The boat is somewhat sensitive to strut depth and angle, but once you find the sweet spots it is a blast to drive. I was running it in 1-2" chop yesterday and with the right prop and strut setting no problem. Like any boat - with the wrong prop and stut setting it can be a handful.

True! A good setup will sometimes make even a bad designed boat look good! Hey, I see you have a UL-1 in your fleet...how do you like it?

-Kent

I really like the UL-1. There are a number of them in our club and they are fun to race with the other LSH boats. For a RTR it is well above all other entries at that pricepoint, and it is somewhat forgiving of driver errors or rough water. We were racing a few in 15+ mph wind yesterday and most boats usually finished right side up. Not without a few small warts, it is still a great boat for beginning racers or seasoned pros.

I was just reading a thread on Rum Runner a couple days ago about the same FE boat. Check it out. the guy the started the thread is : madmikespags - under FE Q and A forums and the title is : Aeromarine 33" HYDRO. I'm sure he would be happy to hear from you.
Apparently not - he hasn't answered my e-mails. :rolleyes:

I was just reading a thread on Rum Runner a couple days ago about the same FE boat. Check it out. the guy the started the thread is : madmikespags - under FE Q and A forums and the title is : Aeromarine 33" HYDRO. I'm sure he would be happy to hear from you.
Apparently not - he hasn't answered my e-mails. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about that jayt. Some people only pick and choose who they want to respond to. I try to treat everyone equally.

Latest posts

Back