Aeromarine Predator 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawnjockey

I recently picked up an Aeromarine Predator hull. Only problem was that it didn't come with a manual. All I really need help with is mounting the motor mount. Correct placement to be exact. If anyone can help with this I would be very gratefull. I am using a Prather adjustable mount with a K&B engine. Again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce

I recently picked up an Aeromarine Predator hull. Only problem was that it didn't come with a manual. All I really need help with is mounting the motor mount. Correct placement to be exact. If anyone can help with this I would be very gratefull. I am using a Prather adjustable mount with a K&B engine. Again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce
Are you using a stock motor, or a piped motor? I have a J Pipe on mine, however my hull has been modified to accept the pipe. What ever setup you use, mount the motor as close to the transom as you can. Try not to use one of the mounts that set the motor far back from the transom. The boat will want to porpoise with the motor set back too far. For starters, set the prop depth with the oil holes in the lower unit about 1/8" below the sponson with 0 trim. No positive or negative. Backcut 1450, X450, X448, and prather 230, and a 235 are good props for this boat. I hope this helps you.

Butchboater

Latest posts

Back