AA 45 RUNNING TEMP

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Pirrone

hi all

im am running an AA 45 in a rigger and would like to know what is the ideal temp the engine should be at for maxiuim preformance ?????

cheers rick

DSCF2368.JPG

i dont have aa engines,,,but i like my engines to run anywhere from 200 to 220,,,temps taken at the plug... the hotter the better for fit purposes...

just my 02,,alden

hi alden

thanks for your reply i ran the boat before christmas and only managed a reading of 122 at the plug didnt think that was enough more testing this weekend so i will up the temp :)

cheers rick

ya tough yime of year to build them power making temps...... this time of year i try my best to pre-temp my engines before they hit the water,, try and at least get like 180-190* into it before launch..... if you have to,,dont be afraid to choke down water flow.... heat is your friend and without it,,your chances of cooking the fit in the piston and sleeve are perdy good........plus when you get to those optimum temps the engine will burn the fuel it needs to make great power and not burn down from lack of lube... the best thing to remember here is try and (cool with fuel),,,even if it means pulling the water all together........

alden

oh yes,,,,geeeeez thank you greg for pointing that out....holy moly....

im for sure refering to °F.....sorry somtimes i forget to take that into account..

summer eh,,,,hmmmm sounds like your makin good temps then buddy....its cold here...brrrrrrrrrr....but no ice so we are runnin boy.....

hi greg

yes i thought that alden was talking degrees f so i did aswell for his considerstion

works out about 50 degree cel ,will be uping the anti of sunday to see if that helps my ponys :)

i have also put on a longer rudder by 1/2 inch

see you on sun greg

thank guys

rick :)

Latest posts

Back