A new outboard pipe?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

ggillman

Hey Guy's,

Found a pipe at Joe's site, from HTB Boats, different looking, have not seen one of these, anybody runnin one?

Sent a pic of the pipe to Tom to post,

Gene ;D

Gene, Thats a FAT pipe! I bet it weighs 5 times what your CF pipe weighs.If you order one, may as well get the 3.5 preformance kit to match your purple carb!By the way I saw on K&B's website that the purple carb has been sold.Do you have any idea who owns it now????? Thanks,Brian

Hi Brian,

Yeah I am totally happy with my CF pipe, it weigh's only 50 grams.

Joe does have some cool stuff, fer sure!!!!

As far as K@B goes I havent a clue whats going with them, I have only seen two other purple carbs and I bought one of them, got it on Ebay.

Gene ;D

Hey,

That's the pipe I just got for my Topspeed/OS. It's called the Silver Bullet. Going to run it in a few hours from now. Might take a couple of trips to the pond everything is new.

MikeP

Mike,

Any chance of putting it on the scales to measure the weight?

Tim

Hi,

I am very happy with the pipe it's the best my OS has ever ran. The needle was easy to set, the pipe comes on smooth. I will get it on a scale and let you know how much it weighs.

-Mike

Hey,

I'm Josh Fulton from Precision Boats Racing.com. I was the one who built the dies for Mark Hopper. I'm running the Silver Bullet pipe and selling them. The pipes are about 2-3 mph faster than the Irwin pipes and a lot easier to find the power band. I am currently making dies for the 7.5cc Silver Bullet. They will be coming out soon. Contact Mark Hoper at htbboats.com or me at precisionboatsracing.com to order yours.

Thanks

Josh

Josh,

Can you tell me the pipe length for an OS? Also how do you mesure it. There isn't a real noticable spot on the pipe. I think that header length would be most accurate.

Mike

Hi Josh,

Welcome to the forum!!!!

Guy's Precision Boats also has a great adjustable engine mount for outboards too, and some other go fast goodies, check them out.

Gene ;D

Mike,

The 3.5cc pipe measures about 8" Long and about 3.75" Wide. The O.S. is the same exact pipe. As for the measurement of the pipe, I always measure from the header to the first weld in the pipe. As for the measurement that will vary from lake to lake. Hope this helps.

Josh

Hi Josh,

Welcome to the forum!!!!

Guy's Precision Boats also has a great adjustable engine mount for outboards too, and some other go fast goodies, check them out.

Gene ;D
I have one of those - they are awesome! Tim.

Latest posts

Back