A friendly reminder about addresses

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrewg

As XMAS is coming up and it isn't the time for things to go astray

I recently had a problem where someone gave me an incomplete address. The complate address was "XXXX St. NE, City, State, ZIP" However the NE was left off the address I was given. Only a few blocks in the same district was "XXXX St." which was a totally separate roadway.

The result -> the package didn't show, at least not on NE. He is refunded but understandably peeved, I am disappointed and out of pocket. I believe it didn't turn up because the NE was not included on the order form. If the address provided had been complete that possibly would have been eliminated.

Keep in mind assumption is the parent of all muckups & vendors cannot know errors are being made (even tho I check google maps to make sure the streets are there). Regardless of file adresses when a vendor has a comprehensive filing system and an order form with two places for address and shipping address - the one on the order form is the one used over the one on the file.

Please help yourselves by giving the complete and correct address, don't want the ones we love disappointed on the 25th of Dec'r, and the responsibility any problems will fall clearly on the vendor.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty funny. I know the person who placed the order. He's worked at the same address for 30 yrs. He understands the postal system and knows where he works.

Alan

a case in point

an assumption made, perhaps two letters left off an a parcel not delivered

a very disappointing result - I just hope it doesn't happen to anyone else - everyone feels bad about it

Last edited by a moderator:
The statement made by the alleged offender on another forum was more proper and true.

In My experiance, all the problems I have had with a vendor were vendor related. If you poll people on here I bet you will find the same. Some people are just not good business men, office amess, records not kept corectly, website not updated or down for six months, products sold without actually in inventory...

So how could a vendor sell and sucesfully ship something to someone and then on the next order send it to an adress that leaves off NE??????

Jeff

In My experiance, all the problems I have had with a vendor were vendor related. If you poll people on here I bet you will find the same. Some people are just not good business men, office amess, records not kept corectly, website not updated or down for six months, products sold without actually in inventory...
So how could a vendor sell and sucesfully ship something to someone and then on the next order send it to an adress that leaves off NE??????

Jeff
Did you use Paypal Jeff ??

I usually use a CC but every time I call or e-mail an order they have my shipping info on file.

Jeff

Jeff I'm not sure about Andrews case or have any info on it, but as to that quoted statement I would have to respond like this, we ship to the address the customer listed on the current order. It would be rather hard to keep track and cross reference past orders. Just the other day a rather good customer from NY made a new order, he wanted it shipped to FL this time. Luckily the Post office rejected the address. I called him and he realized he made a mistake. There have also been times when the website omitted a important part of the address for one reason or another. None of us are perfect, we just all need to be flexible when the problem arises to fix the mess.

Steven

OSE

Andrew how expensive was this package? Was it insured? I find lots of companies shipping Expensive stuff around the world without some sort of tracking and insurance. Its a risky game that they are playing. I guess they have to figure the odds of losing a package, against the cost of the loss of a customer not buying because the shipping is to high. Its a tough business decision to make.

Steven

OSE

Back