A/A 45 Mods

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel Hagan JR

Once I took my A/A 45 apart and noticed the drum needs work. A lot of work.

Besides putting a MAC front drum housing on a A/A what mods are you guys doing?

This is not a A/A bashing, just a lets make it faster thread.

It's very blunt. No smooth transitions at all. It looks like all they did is open up the drum for the intake.

I comared the MAC drum and A/A Drum and there night and day as far as smooth air flow transitions.

I'm going to work on it some more this week and test Saturday.

I've talked to some people and it seems putting the front MAC drum housing on the A/A provides a lot of power.

There's a reason why the MAC was so dominat years ago. I'm going to try and copy as much as I can a little at a time.

On that note I do like the ramp idea in the A/A front drum that directs fuel more into the engine. I'll post pics some time later this week.

I'm not bashing it in anyway. I just wanted to get other guys ideas of what they've done. Stock I'm not sure it can compete with the NR or VAC. That's just my opinion.

Did you replace just the housing on it. Because the hole in my mac rotor is not the same size as the AA rotor.

Thanks

If you have the slant A/A housing the MAC drum is a drop in fit. Also the MAC carb is a direct bolt on too.

If you have the slant A/A housing the MAC drum is a drop in fit. Also the MAC carb is a direct bolt on too.
I had to modify my MAC carb to fit. I had to open up the holes a little bit.

The A/A I'm talking about are the slant intake versions.

Latest posts

Back