99 Elam Plus

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he doesn't make the 99 version (all white) I already have the 2001 version from Phil

i know that you're looking for glass hull. but you might have to build from newton plans. just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
still looking if anyone knows anyone that makes a good glass hull that will make the 1999 Elam

thanks Chuck.. I will try him also

the reason I don't build one for Newtons plans is because I want a boat that works not a pill of toothpicks and glue. LOL I am not the best with wood.

Brian I think unless John Borden has a hull that will make that boat you may have to build one from Roger's plans. I know Troy McIntire had a mold for that boat but that's not an option anymore. My buddy Troy Davis did that boat with a Fritz hull but there were A LOT of mods done to it to make it right as the cockpit and canards are too far back to make that or the Day-Glo 2000 correctly. I'm sworn to secrecy since I pitted for him when that boat came out and have driven it but I can tell you that the cockpit was moved forward over 2 inches and the canards had to be moved forward on the cockpit too.

ok so it doesn't sound like that will be an option for me

what about a glass 94 excide?

At the moment I'm not sure who would have that hull. I have a '94 Exide conventional and an unfinished 2-wing hull. The conventional was a McIntire Winston hull that was heavily modified. The 2-wing I got from Bert Dygert before he moved. Last I heard he still had his molds in storage. You don't always have to build Roger's plans with wood. I've got a couple of sets of plans and I at some point want to build another mid-80s Squire Shop. I planned to modify the dimensions somewhat but instead of wood I planned to used honeycomb composites and sheeted glass. I have a couple of places where you can buy that material and I can make sheeted glass pieces myself or you can buy that too.

I would be looking for the conventional style not the tri wing
99 Elam I have access to a set of molds that will make correct version of that hull.

But No time, But money talks!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
The one on Andy's site is the 99. That's the boat I was talking about previously that is a Fritz that has been highly modified.

Latest posts

Back