'99 Appian Jeronimo

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need the imron number for the off white for this scale?????? thanks

Mike,

Send "Russ Nachtweih" a PM on this forum. He is the guy in the NW that has built and painted Rich Matkins boat.... many, many times.... <_< .. I'm sure he'll have the paint code(s) for you.

David Jensen

R/C Unlimiteds

Seattle, WA

I am really not sure of the exact number although it's Mercedes Benz Light Ivory. It matched his car!

Russ

I am really not sure of the exact number although it's Mercedes Benz Light Ivory. It matched his car!
Russ

ROFLMAO!... :lol: You kill me Russ! Such an accurate guy, to come up with that.. kills me! Sorry Mike, I expected better!!

D Jensen

P.S. - Mike, the Moral of the story is to match your Benz! :eek:

He's right David the color is a Mercedes color and it has a really strange name like Hellelfenbein or something like that. I heard the story about the colors on that boat a while back but I'll be damned if I can remember how they came up with that.

From my experience of looking at anything :ph34r: and everything :ph34r: that has, or

has ever had a cool paint job or color, to try and find the perfect color.

I think it probably went something like this.

PAINTER: "So... what color we gonna paint the boat?"

OWNER: "I think white and something else. It has to be the

perfect white though......hhhmm." Two weeks and 20 different whites later..

...."Hey, how about the same white as my Mercedes."

PAINTER: "OK I can get that code and we'll GIT'ER DONE" ;) ;)

The paint code for this color in a PPG base is DBU82121 take that code to your paint shop and they can cross reference it for you. Also Mike you were right the name of the color is Hellelfenbein. Say that after a coulpe.

Alan

Back