90+ MPH .21 heat race boat!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friends, I have just been chatting with Martin and he mentioned he had his oval boat on the radar at 90.5 mph today! That is crazy awesome and I'm not sure if anyone has ever done that with a full size, full weight oval boat before! Some of the basic details are: Novarossi .21DD, JAE boat, Scott Bouchie pipe, Punch fuel.

Good job buddy!

GQ

Wow!!
default_ohmy.png
Nice work!
default_cool.png

Martin sure has a grip on those oval records, stupid fast!
default_smile.png

A MARTIN TRUEX JR 19.019 63.094 11/25/2012 HUNTSVILLE , AL JAE TRUEX / NOVA TRUEX/OCT. TECHNOLOGY FUTABA
B MARTIN TRUEX JR 18.096 66.312 11/27/2010 HUNTSVILLE , AL JAE TRUEX / NOVA TRUEX / ABC TECHNOLOGY FUTABA
C MARTIN TRUEX JR 17.755 67.587 4/1/2013 HUNTSVILLE , AL JAE TRUEX / NOVA TRUEX TECHNOLOGY FUTABA
D MARTIN TRUEX JR 16.389 73.220 11/30/2013 HUNTSVILLE , AL JAE T TRUEX / CMB OCT / TRUEX TECHNOLOGY FUTABA
E MARTIN TRUEX JR 16.905 70.985 4/1/2013 HUNTSVILLE , AL JAE T TRUEX / CMB SHOLUND TECHNOLOGY FUTABA
F MARTIN TRUEX JR 16.072 74.664 4/16/2014 HUNTSVILLE , AL JAE T CMB OCTURA TECHNOLOGY FUTABA

Yeah go figure a race car driver that can go fast...
default_biggrin.png

I will tell you I bet there is nobody that does the amount of testing Martin does, helps he has a lake in his back yard and some free time between that race stuff he does.

Paul

Glen

That is fast for A heat race boat ! Most think they are going 80 , And its mid 70s,

That is smoking fast !

Martin has done A great job with record 's !

I have A Bouchie pipe I will be running on my new 40 rigger with DD 46.

Thinking of changing to the DD on my 20 .

Martin,

How did the new ABC 1817 with more rake work for ya?

Going to start testing them as soon as the weather warms up here.

The 20 degree and the 22 degree rake should be interesting.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Some time i will try and get some video. Normally i am busy holding the radar gun and driving at the same time. The guys at huntsville get a good laugh out of that one .

Mark, The 1817 works pretty good, not as fast as my favorite prop but the boat likes it ok.

We will need a VERY big tele-photo lens as Martin is testing at his house and not in Huntsville!
default_biggrin.png
But hey Martin we are working pond dates from the city (today in fact) so we will let you know when the water is open.

Paul

Here ya go Martin. A little safer this way. Just an old tripod with a PVC couplers bolted to it. My gun has an 1/8 jack that I plug in a foot switch into. Borrowed that from the wife. Its from her systhisizer. Stand behind it and your all good.

Mike

20150117_152158 (1).jpg

20150117_152217.jpg

We will need a VERY big tele-photo lens as Martin is testing at his house and not in Huntsville!
default_biggrin.png
But hey Martin we are working pond dates from the city (today in fact) so we will let you know when the water is open.

Paul
And let us all know pond dates too?

Back