7.5cc Engine Mounts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Fields

Hi All,

I'm in the process of building a new 7.5cc rigger (an up scaled KEPS) and wanted to get a idea of what engine mounts people are using? I was looking on the zipkits site to see if they made any for the JAE, but didn't see any. Any suggestions and links would be very much appriciated as always

Martin

Martin the Jae twin motor mounts can be adapted to your boat..All my riggers use CMDI style motor mount.i.e. a set of nylon screws,rubber groomets and aluminium bars.Gill

You could make your own easy. Hardest part is tapping, but that is pretty easy in aluminum. Use 1/4" x 1/2" 6061 aluminum bar stock, rubber grommets, and nylon spacers. All can be bought from McMaster-Carr.

IMG_8035_zpsd53fa35d.jpg

You could make your own easy. Hardest part is tapping, but that is pretty easy in aluminum. Use 1/4" x 1/2" 6061 aluminum bar stock, rubber grommets, and nylon spacers. All can be bought from McMaster-Carr.

IMG_8035_zpsd53fa35d.jpg
Perfect!!! And thanks for the picture
default_smile.png

You can get all that at your local Lowes or Home Depot ,bar stock I got from my local hardware store

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back