7.5 OB conversion help....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZIonOB75

i have OS .46 marine inboard engine and wanting to convert it to outboard using Lawless lower unit,,please throw any info. or if anybody is willing to make the adaptor/engine mount i'm very interested to discuss it and pay the expenses, thanks in advance....

i have the lower unit already.

i have OS .46 marine inboard engine and wanting to convert it to outboard using Lawless lower unit,,please throw any info. or if anybody is willing to make the adaptor/engine mount i'm very interested to discuss it and pay the expenses, thanks in advance....
i have the lower unit already.
Hey Jul, Ernie Laflure makes a conversion kit but it it typically for the CMB evo motors because they are short. i have made a conversion of my own but again it will only work on the CMB evo. This doesn't mean that something cannot be made for that application. Good luck and see you at the races this year.

The CMB 45 has been successfully converted, but it has a much shorter crankshaft. By the time you add a square drive to the engine, the combination will be very tall and top heavy. This type of inboard can be run as an outboard with a custom lower unit like the one Mike Bontoft used to set the 3.5 outboard hydro record of 81 mph. See the picture below.

Lohring Miller

Last edited:
The engine fills all the NAMBA requirements for an outboard. The pivot mount is on a transom under the engine and the motor is turned by cables that attach ahead of the cavitation plate. The idea is not new. It is what happens when you tale the Lawless design to the final level. The boat is faster than many A hydros and upped the outboard hydro record around 20 mph. Though it was not designed to heat race, it turns well as required to make the back to back runs.

Lohring Miller

Latest posts

Back