7.5 Mod Lee Craft Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSCARPINO

Hello All

I am trying to get my tank set up as low as possible into the hull

to help with the handling of the hull.

I am wondering is there a point where it is to low for fuel flow to the engine?

See Photo of where I want to mount it...

Hello All
I am trying to get my tank set up as low as possible into the hull

to help with the handling of the hull.

I am wondering is there a point where it is to low for fuel flow to the engine?

See Photo of where I want to mount it...
The only problem with mounting the tank like that is when the boat flips(and with a tunnel hull is a matter of "when, not if," water is going to enter the boat. Floation inside the hull will keep it float, but it might sink rather low in the water.

JD

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jerry

I am going to seal the opening you see in the photo and I am gonna put flotation in the hull anyway,

I was more concerned if it is to low for the fuel to be hampered in getting to the engine even though

it is pressure fed...... I just don't want to be setting up any fuel flow problems.

What do you think?

Thanks

Joe

Thanks Jerry
I am going to seal the opening you see in the photo and I am gonna put flotation in the hull anyway,

I was more concerned if it is to low for the fuel to be hampered in getting to the engine even though

it is pressure fed...... I just don't want to be setting up any fuel flow problems.

What do you think?

Thanks

Joe

Joe,

That's not too low to answer your question.

Robert Holland

I have my tanks mounted the same way. No problems with fuel draw. I put pipe insulation in the hull for flotation. I sealed the area where the tanks sit with west systems , so fuel wouldn't deteriorate the hull. I have a small hole drilled near the tip of each sponson to drain water out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good Joe you should have no fuel draw problem where you have them set .

Thanks Everyone.

I am gonna leave them down low and seal them off so no

water gets in...

I love this forum.

Back