7.5 equi pipe length

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob miller

has anyone tried running a 7.5 equi pipe on a 7.5 k/b red head .....if so what length worked best.....thanks.....bob

has anyone tried running a 7.5 equi pipe on a 7.5 k/b red head .....if so what length worked best.....thanks.....bob

Post a photo of the pipe that you have..... I don't believe John Equi ever made a 7.5 pipe......He only made 3.5 pipes....
As I recall Tommy Lee welded a Irwin nitro pipe center section in between a Equi 3.5 inlet and outlet section.....
If Tommy reads this he might be able to add some more detail to this thread.....

thanks for the info ....what is a good starting length for a k/b 45 red head .....thanks ,,,,,bob

If you have the header that it sides on start w about 3/4" between pipe inlet & header. Then make small adjustments in.. All depends on hull type, prop size & % fuel.

Bob,
Can you post a pic? Is that the original Equi 7.5cc pipe or the big belly pipe Carl described above?

The 7.5 & 3.5 pipe body is the same, only difference was he put a larger stinger on 7.5
Alan,
Yes. The original 7.5 equi was basically the same but with larger stinger. Not sure if Bob has the original pipe or modified Equi “big belly” Carl references above. Due to the smaller volume, the original needs to be run much longer than the big belly pipe which can be shortened significantly. Bob,
If you email a pic of the pipe to me at [email protected] I will post it for you.

Bob,
That is a 60 Equi big belly but looks the same as 7.5 Equi big belly pipe. You can see the Equi original header and stinger curved ends.

Original Equi (this is 3.5 but looks the same with larger stinger). Which one do you have?

Some where around here I have the one of the first 7.5 Equi pipes. I think it is number two or three. It is a hammered pipe that John made that a few of us were welding them together. So we traded welds for pipes. Here are some pictures. And the bid starts? LOLIMG_0304.jpgIMG_0305.jpgIMG_0306.jpg

i have all three of those pipes
Ok. The big belly pipe runs great on most all 7.5 outboard engines. 3” from the header end to the center of the 90 degree where it turns up to the engine is a great starting point for this pipe.

Back