7.5 beltstart outboard conversions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James,

I have the rubber boot on it already,just need the inserts.

Thanks!

Paul,

the other one I have I just pulled out and it's not an Irwin.

It's a home made one with the same idea as Jims but unfortunatly not the quality.

I never ran it,I run the one from Ernie.

But i'll post a few pics to see when the camera battery re-charges.

James,I have the rubber boot on it already,just need the inserts.

Thanks!

Paul,

the other one I have I just pulled out and it's not an Irwin.

It's a home made one with the same idea as Jims but unfortunatly not the quality.

I never ran it,I run the one from Ernie.

But i'll post a few pics to see when the camera battery re-charges.
Walt, looking forward to the pics. always good to see other setups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Showed an error and posted anyway.

Sorry for the dbl post.

Hey James,I'd like to try one of your bell mouth pieces for the CMB.

Actually,I'd like to get 3 from you.My buddy also has the same set up and of course,ya always need an extra.

LMK the cost and I'll pay-pal ya.

Also the props arrived here yesterday.I can't wait to give them a try.

Paul,

I have another adapter I'll have to dig out that I believe Jim Irwin did.It's another approach all together.It might be a little more user friendly when it comes to belt starting.

I'll post a few pics when I get home.
Walt,

is this the the one in the RCboatmodeler? Recently got a scan from a friend of mine: page 1

page 2 page 3

Works good?

(Drumzzz this is the artcle i think you where looking for).
Yes, that's the one

man those engines certainly look sweet sitting on those outdrives

Hey Paul, looks cool! You got the bell mouth too right? Didnt see it in the picture, and now I cant remember if I put it in the envelope!

Where did you get the square drive nut?

~James

Paul,

I was thinking that I'll probably never use the bent flat motor bracket that I posted pics of in my gallery.I've had it for years and never ran it.

So,if you would like to try it until something better comes along, you're welcome to it.

I can sand blast it for you so it looks much better also.

If I can help,just let me know.

Paul,I was thinking that I'll probably never use the bent flat motor bracket that I posted pics of in my gallery.I've had it for years and never ran it.

So,if you would like to try it until something better comes along, you're welcome to it.

I can sand blast it for you so it looks much better also.

If I can help,just let me know.
James, yes the Bellmouth was also with it, put it on after the photo (i'll take a new shot, here it is ;) ). The square drive coupling i built my self. There was a round coupling with it. I shortend it and inserted a part of the shaft from an old k&b propshaft (the sqaure piece).

Walt, thanks for the offer. I got me thinking, the bracket is a neat and simple setup, you just have to make a big U. I'll think i'll give it a try with carbon fibre, that should not be so difficult to construct. Tomorrow I'll see if i can built a mould for it. I'll keep you posted.

Finally got the it ready. Took some more time than i hoped for but like the result.

I started bulding the mold, that was not so hard: pic1

the result came out nice pic2

Also modified the lower unit, removed the extra bulb, added a 707cavitation plate, polished and sharpend the lower part: pic3 pic4 pic5

This is the result pic6. Don't know yet when i'll test it, first have to rebuilt the xt460, i'm working on a new rc box and want to paint it before i run it.

Question, what is a good header length for the CMB, how many inches from the plug to the widest part of the pipe (currently it is way to long). Curently i have a SPP pipe on it but probably first start with an Irwin Quiet pipe.

Back