7.5 / 11cc Electric lower leg conversion..How are people doing it?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
I am looking to do a 7.5/11cc K&B outboard with Fast Electric. What are people using for flex cables, and collets? I will be using a K&B lower unit. Any pictures of your setup or answers to this thread will be most welcome! Thanks, Mike

can't help with a collet suggestion, mike. for the flex, contact kris flynn here on iw. he has made me some flex shafts for my ob's. super strong & more flexible than the lawless ones. have held up very well. he can make them to your specs, when you get far enough to measure. anyone ever tell you that you build REALLY nice boats? what kinda price on the vs1 upgrade cowl? lmk......

Hey, Raptor over on OSE told me that Hyperformance is now offering the conversion kit for the big lowers, so I am trying to get up with them right now. Thanks for the compliments Moparbarn. I have learned so much in the last year about WOF and boat building, thanks to many of the members on this site, and from Jerry Dunlap himself, and Grim for that matter! Thanks a lot to those guys. About the cowling, Now that I have built a couple, and understand the time I have to put into them, I am asking $50 shipped in primer with all the wood trim work and nosing complete, and the cowling trimed for proper fitment. It is an Epoxy (Mas brand) glass part. I will PM you this as well, but thanks for the inquiry! Mike

not sure what's up with pm's. cleaned out my mailbox last week, didn't help. prolly just need to give tom some more time to sort the new format out. i've got hull #46 of the old kit built villains. pre "skull"/current cowl, so it doesn't look like all the rest, but something different is always kinda neat ;) .

I finally found a UL1 motor to use on the 3.5 lawless lower(on a new home built hull) and plan on getting a 7.5 lawless for the NEU powered Nemesis as the 1515 2D is very rough on the small .150" flexshaft. I will use a standard compression collet as there is more than enough room on the 7.5 lower to slot it and use the larger compression collet with a cut down 7.5 flexshaft and mount the motor without one of those tall adaptors.

Mopar, that is cool you have the pre skull style cowling. I know that the current VS1 cowling is nothing more than a Dumas 7.5 cowl with some boxing added to it to change the look. Not sure if anyone ever really noticed that or not! lol. I wonder if Dumas did! Let me know if you ever need one of my VS1 cowls, I would be happy to help.

Talon, yeah, i wanted to give the hyperformance kit a try as the hull I am using is 41" long, so the height of the motor will not affect performance as much as the Nemesis size hull you are working with. I cannot wait to get my kneeler started! Mike

my son & i both have kit villains with the original style cowl. pure chance, both bought used. i have been able to track the history of mine, can't find anything out about jr.'s.

I have been building this one for years, it is the K&B 3.5 lower leg. I like the motor as low as possable.

img1857c.jpg

img1586c.jpg

img1587.jpg

Latest posts

Back