• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

65 Viper Kit (Reduced)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rctinman

Here is an oldie but goodie. This is a 65 Viper kit that was made by Bob Gebhart around the early to mid 80's. This was a very competitive hull for it's time, and was very well made.

This kit has most of the hardware, including a barstock rudder, turnfin, driveshaft, prop, seals, ABS cowl, and it even includes a custom metal fuel tank made by Allen Haag. Allen was the first person that I know of that built and sold custom tanks to the public. He was also the person that taught me how to make tanks. Although this tank is new, it has been sitting for a long time, and has discolored. You may be able to polish it up. A few things have been done by the original owner, like, install the motormounts and driveline, and mount the rudder. He also reinforced all of the corners of the tub, but this is where he stopped. everything he did is correct, and done well. The hull is straight ant true. There is some sheet wood that is missing for the top sheeting, and the radiobox lid. A little bit of 1/16" ply will take care of this.

Now, this kit is definitely old school, having solid motormounts, hard driveshaft, and a screw down radiobox lid, but built per plans, it would make a fast, fun, play boat. Or, update the hardware a bit, and you might have something to race with for not a lot of money.

Here's alink to a pic - http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?autoco...si&img=1779

$85.00, shipped in the con U.S.

Thanks for looking!

Steve Ball

Last edited by a moderator:
That's Kewl!!! :D

I remember chasing Gabehart and Shoenow (sp?) around with my Crapshooters in the 80's, that'll make someone a nice, stable race boat as you mentioned... :)

Hi Steve,

If you want to start a 'fleet', I have a 45 in a box as well. Jim Sweden got it for me years ago and I never got around to building it. Those glass Youngblood Hydro's made me lazy.

Any news on the IMPBA Intenats for next year - time or venue. I am running out of time to book tickets.

Regards to all.

'Wild Bill' Annabel.

Nothing yet Bill! I'm hoping a group steps up soon.

Bill Zuber

Hi Steve,
If you want to start a 'fleet', I have a 45 in a box as well. Jim Sweden got it for me years ago and I never got around to building it. Those glass Youngblood Hydro's made me lazy.

Any news on the IMPBA Intenats for next year - time or venue. I am running out of time to book tickets.

Regards to all.

'Wild Bill' Annabel.

Terry, do you remember Jeff Koppel? He was tuff to beat in 40 hydro with one of these?

Steve

I remember chasing Gabehart and Shoenow (sp?) around with my Crapshooters in the 80's, that'll make someone a nice, stable race boat as you mentioned... :)

Hi Wild Bill, how you do'in? Thanks for the offer to add to my fleet, but I've run out of room as it is! LOL

As far as the IMPBA Nats go, like Bill Z said, no one's stepped up yet.

Have a good one!

Steve

Hi Steve,

Regards to all.

'Wild Bill' Annabel.

Anthony, the flex shaft would be a breeze, just remove the strait stuffing tube, and bolt a strut on the transom. I would reinforce the transom though. The motor mount would take the time. A sharp wood chisel to knock out the white oak mounts, then replace with a Speedmaster type vibration mount.

Steve

How difficult would it be to put in a flex shaft and an isolated mnt?

Terry, do you remember Jeff Koppel? He was tuff to beat in 40 hydro with one of these?
Steve

Absolutely, couldn't catch him either! :lol:

That whole Chicago "crew" sure was tough...

I guess I thought the price of nostalgia was worth more than it actually is. Price reduced to $85.00 shipped.

Thanks,

Steve

Back