5 Liter Hydroplane

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveyK

Well, it happened. I couldn't hold back. I will be racing a 5 Liter Hydroplane on the ACHA and APBA circuits next year!

As I found myself getting more and more addicted to our model boats, I often thought that, wow, I'd love to try driving the real deal and that happened last spring. Well, I was done for from that point on. I was 100% addicted! I tried to find some help but couldn't find a HAG Hydroplane Addiction Group). So here I am, winter setting in and nothing to do... BUT WORK ON BOATS! YEE HA! Big ones little ones it doesn't matter cause I'm addicted to em'.

Boy I feel much better now.

If your interested, check out my website Black Falcon Racing

Cheers!

MAN! CONGRATULATIONS! That's a BEAUTIFUL boat! I VERY MUCH envy you....thats the one thing i had left in my life that i wanted to try....its gotta be such a RUSH! ENJOY every minute of it, but BE CAREFUL! Best of luck to you! :)

CONGRATULATIONS Dude!

I know what you mean about the addiction Dave. I grew up in a fullsize hydroplane racing family. We raced 2.5L and 5L inboards, 125cc, 250cc, 350cc and 500cc Pro/Alky outboards. You can never fully get it out of your blood once you have a taste of it. :D

Hydros Forever!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys.

I got a heck of a lot to learn and not a lot of time to do it.

I will keep you posted.

It's like Mark said............once you get to drive one of the full size hydros it's hard to stay away from it. It's a feeling that you never forget! Stay safe and have fun with it.

Dick Tyndall

Back