4th Annual John Hall/Gene Taylor Memorial Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzubee

Supporting Member
The 4th Annual John Hall /Gene Taylor Memorial Race is still on for October 9&10, 2005 in Huntsville, AL so if you were planning on attending the canceled Charleston Race come on over to Huntsville, AL for some good competitive racing. We have 2 traveling trophies for the event the Multi-engine class which has been won 2 times by Mark Bullard and once by Harry Gerhart. and new for this year Joe Warren is sponsoring a traveling trophy for the F Mono class. Race flyer is in the September issue of the Roostertail.

For more information please contact Harry Gerhart at 615-890-6273 or e-mail him at [email protected] You can also contact me Bill Zuber at 256-830-0835 or e-mail [email protected] I can send you a digital race entry form. See youy a the races. We are running gas classes and nitro classes.

Hotel space is going quickly due to refugees from Ivan. Call direct to the La Quinta and make sure you mention IMPBA they have a block of rooms for us.

256-533-0756

We did some testing this weekend at the lake site. Lake was perfect! All of the work by joey Flanders Mark Bullard and my self paid off the weeds are cleared out and site is in good shape. See you this weekend. We are expecting about 8 or so Twins for our special traveling trophy award. Also should have a large number of F monos going after the new 5 foot tall traveling trophy Joe Warren has donated to the race. Plus we a presenting the Hall of Fame plaque award to IMPBA 's newest inductee Mr. Tommy Lee. Should be a super weekend.

Hey Bill. Just pick up the F mono Traveling Award. If you win this award. You will need a full size Trk to get it Home. No Compacts or Yugo`s... maybe if you strap it onto the roof? A 6` Award & Elite throphy done a Nice Job on it......... TIME to LINE THEM UP & Fine the Needle......... :blink:

Joe

If the trophy dont fit in there car you can always hand them a little red scooter (slighty scratched) as a trophy.. :lol:

That is still the funnest dam thing i have seen all year :lol: :lol: :lol: .. thanks for the memory. Your a good sport letting us pick on you like that.

Grimracer

Grim, just imagine if that was a race. What a pile up in a corner. 4in. wheels

flyng every direction. And the winner would have run accros the finsh line with handle bars in hand!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D

Yes the 04 Nats was a Hoot....... Hope we can all do it again somewhere in 05. The little scooter dont handle like any Bike I`ve ever been on.... Too Little Wheel-Rubber ... Too Much A$$. But it was all in Fun.... Grim..... come on down to huntsville. WE will have Free rides to the bath house. Next dude that lays it down has to buy the head light lens I left on the floor @ Jax. :blink:

"Also should have a large number of F monos going after the new 5 foot tall traveling trophy Joe Warren has donated to the race."

Wow, now that's cool, a 5 foot trophy. That's **** nice of ya Joe, hat's off to ya. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Don, hopefully Zuber will post the complete race results later. Joe Warren won the Twin Hydro traveling trophy. By the way the F Mono trophy is not 5 ft, it is actually 6 ft cause I am 5'-11" and the thing has at least an inch over my head.

JOSE

Last edited by a moderator:
I have pictures but can't get them to load to the site. Someone email me for them.

John in Huntsville

Congrats on your FAST 8 F MONO SHOOT OUT AWARD. For those of you that Missed it ..... We will Do it again Next year in the John Hall Gene Taylor Race @ Huntsville. With 7 boats Hitting the Star Wide OPEN PLUS 1 Wild Boat making a 12` circle in the back straight away. Made things Real interesting. Jose Ortiz hit the Start & Never Looked Back..... I dont recall anyone checking up for the Wild boat & it got Split several times with 3-4 boats Running Wide Open.... MAN WHAT A RACE..... Congrats Jose

Congrats on your 6` FAST 8 F MONO SHOOT OUT AWARD. For those of you that Missed it ..... We will Do it again Next year in the John Hall Gene Taylor Race @ Huntsville. With 7 F mono`s Hitting the Star Wide OPEN PLUS 1 Wild Boat making a 12` circle in the back straight away. Made things Real interesting. Jose Ortiz hit the Start & Never Looked Back..... I dont recall anyone checking up for the Wild boat & it got Split several times with 3-4 boats Running Wide Open.... MAN WHAT A RACE!!!!!!! Congrats Jose You da MAN !!

HERE HERE. Congrats to Jose as well on a well EARNED WIN. The moving target thing made things very interesting! 7 bulls with blinders on did not stop for a thing!

That was worth the price of addmission. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks Joe and congratulations to you too. Joe was the winner of the Twin Hydro travel trophy, I think Kris was second. It was a very nice race organized by the Music City Buoy Dodgers and the Huntsville Model Power Boat Association. The following Twin Hydros raced for the trophy, including Ernie Lefleur (Eagle hull), Harry Gerhart (Roadrunner hull), Charles Simmons (Roadrunner hull), Kris Karshneider (Roadrunner hull), Mark Bullard (Bullard hull), Doc Turner (Bullard hull), Joe Warren (Roadrunner hull) and myself (Roadrunner hull).

By the way "Big Chuck" has arrived to stay, he lives in Atlanta and his name is Charles Simmons, he has a "Rockect Ship" with a couple of Orlic Picco 80s. Charles congratulations you are finally "Rock and Rolling". I think next year it will be bigger. If you win Twin Hydros in Huntsville you got bragging rights to claim you are "BAADDDD".

JOSE ORTIZ IMPBA 11755

"Thanks Joe and congratulations to you too. Joe was the winner of the Twin Hydro travel trophy"

Good job Joe. Bet that trophy looks nice sittin' in your house. :)

Don, We got the Chance to Donate a Nice F Mono Traveling award for the FAST 8 F MONO SHOOT OUT & Picked Up the Multi Engine Traveling Award. NICE TRADE !!!!! The Victory was Sweeeeeeeeeeet. The traveling awards are bringing in some Fast Competition with Good Equipment.

Taught him everything he knows about twins and he is still a baby. Darn if it was not for bad glow plugs. But as Joe knows is that my name is on it twice. The level of competion in that class was second to none. The final was not decided until the last round of the race, it was that close.

Mark Bullard

Latest posts

Back