4S vs. 4S1P

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed.R

I was wondering what the diffrence is between a 4S pack and a 4S1P pack?

both are 40C and 5000 Mah

Thanks Ed

No difference.

Well shouldn't say that. It is possible the 4s pack is actually 4s2p pack. which would be 2 2500mah packs wired in parallel. It could be tricky advertising but I have never seen in.

I was wondering what the diffrence is between a 4S pack and a 4S1P pack?

both are 40C and 5000 Mah

Thanks Ed

Same thing. 4S is used more to describe a single battery pack. 4S1P is better used to describe battery configuration in a boat.

Two 4S packs in Parallel makes 4S2P doubling your mAh capacity. Two 4S packs in Series makes 8S or 8S1P doubling your voltage.

I've only seen parallel packs Dino described with really high mAh capacites like 8,000-10,000 mAh packs.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if you double your MaH does this mean it would turn a bigger prop ?

If your prop is smaller and you make the laps with plenty of power left over you could turn a bigger prop.kinda like a gear change in theory

Ed

Running packs in parallel which doubles you mAh capacity does three things. It will increases your run time. It will allow your packs to run cooler and last longer because they are working half as hard. And it will make your speed controller happier by reducing ripple current. Generally 2P set ups are advantageous in boats that are constantly drawing over 100 amps, but are not necessary in P-Spec"Limited" classes. The motors just do not draw that many amps and a second pack only adds unnecessary weight.

Can you run a larger prop with 2P? No! As a matter of fact you will probably have to prop down if your run will be much longer than a 1P set up . FE set ups are all about managing heat. The longer you run, the more heat builds up. A prop that works very well in heat racing WILL NOT be a good prop for a four minute sport run. You'll have to prop down for longer run times.

If you run two packs in series, you do not double the mAh capacity, just the voltage. If your motor and esc are not rated for that voltage, no matter what prop you choose, your boat will run real good..... for about 3 seconds. :eek:

Hope this helps! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is a FE heat the same as a nitro heat.couple mill laps and 6 race laps?

Or is it 4 minutes see how many laps you can do?

Ed

Back