45 mono speeds

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luca Gray

Hi Guy's

what kind of speeds are your seaducer(speedmaster etc) 45 mono's going in race trim,

thanks Luca

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an extra beer if someone will share some popcorn :p

I tried to do a search , but I cant seem to find the last time we traveled this path :unsure:

Andy

I wish i could help but my Calcraft with a MAC 45 only runs about 45 maybe 50 on a good day.Yes that is slow but i race at 5,280ft.We have no air up here it's hard to get real fast speeds out of them.

I would have guessed 50-55 from my speedmaster with a .45 CMB HR in it...but I have never GPSed or radared it.

Sean

My 39" calcraft with K&B 7.5 GPS at 54 with x450 relieved and bar cut. Hope to get more with new CMB 45RS.

David

My 21 'ducer runs 51-53 mph on a radar gun. I've not clocked the 45 'ducer, but it has to be at least 55 mph with a MAC45 pushing an X450/3 (not sure of the cup).

Oh, and I run around 300-400ft altitude, so the air is pretty good. I also run 55-57.5% nitro in the 45.

Hi Guy's

what kind of speeds are your seaducer(speedmaster etc) 45 mono's going in race trim,

thanks Luca
VIPER with a .45RS, COOPER QHP @ 9.25" , X450/3 stock prop, 62 mph., Elev.710' approx.

Seadcuer 3 hull, Modified 8 mm Picco 45, Pipe Mac`s 91/4, 450/3 tip cupped, 60 percent Nitro, 62-64 mph all day long. jw

I encourage getting into the 40 mono class,It is so much fun.It's to bad a lot of club races only have open nitro mono. I have a 42" Twincraft W/Andy Brown cmb 45,mac pipe 9-1/4", 455/3 blade tip cupped, 50 percent nitro that runs almost 60. Tim Jones

Seadcuer 3 hull, Modified 8 mm Picco 45, Pipe Mac`s 91/4, 450/3 tip cupped, 60 percent Nitro, 62-64 mph all day long. jw

Joe s about right Ive raced against his boat before and it was a fun weekend that was my waterbaby weekend

Gavin

There are 4 45 engine size hulls that will run over 60 mph fairly easy if set up the the basic specs. Lazer 40, Viper, Seaducer I or 3 & the early & late design Speedmaster 45. The later design speedmaster 45 has a v bottom ride plate @ the transom & Turns better & does not need much turn fin. the earlier design speedmaster ran looser on the water & did require more turn fin. Both are great boats just need to be set up differently. Mark hopper currently builds both Speedmaster 45 & the 21 hulls

Joe, there is no such animal as a SD 2 45 boat, there is the subsurface 45 boat, then the sd3 45 boat, Jerry skipped the sd2 40 mono :)

Joe, there is no such animal as a SD 2 45 boat, there is the subsurface 45 boat, then the sd3 45 boat, Jerry skipped the sd2 40 mono :)
Yes maybe...? I`ve had so many of them I cannot keep up with them. the sub surface boat was a Fast Fast Ride but you had to push the tube all the way up to the bottom of the boat. I ran a 3.86 SAW @ the 05 IMPBA Nats in 110 heat index with a subsurface Seaducer 45.. Sholund 452/2 with the tips cupped . Faster than most E & F mono`s that same day under those same conditions. Many tried to run the SUB-Surface seaducer Surface drive.. But it dont work @ 60 plus mph. jw

Joe in heat racing trim- did you lower the strut at all or keep it against the bottom of the hull ??

and did you also use the 452/2 or a 450/2 ??

Thanks Andy

There are 4 45 engine size hulls that will run over 60 mph fairly easy if set up the the basic specs. Lazer 40, Viper, Seaducer I or 3 & the early & late design Speedmaster 45. The later design speedmaster 45 has a v bottom ride plate @ the transom & Turns better & does not need much turn fin. the earlier design speedmaster ran looser on the water & did require more turn fin. Both are great boats just need to be set up differently. Mark hopper currently builds both Speedmaster 45 & the 21 hulls
Hi Joe I just remember you that did Jerry Crowther sell you new SD4 40 mono ? how was run your new? :ph34r:

Joe in heat racing trim- did you lower the strut at all or keep it against the bottom of the hull ??

Thanks Andy
Seaducer 1 sub surface drive hulls I always ran the next size bigger brass tube for a Stuffing box shaft ( because it was bent into a s shape. Then just cut a 2 inch piece of 1/4 to slide into the rear of it. This allows the flex shaft to be extremely Free. I ran the tube as close to the bottom of the hull I could get. 450/2 or 452/2 depending on what your engine will pull. Pipe 9 3/4 center of plug to weld on a macs 3.5 open nitro pipe. My engine was a picco 8mm black head. Very Good hull!! Myself, Jay Stone, Kenny Hildreth ran these hulls set up like this for years. Easily a 60 plus mph set up. Turn like it was on a rail. WE did all run seaducer 60 turn fins on them too. I ran2 inch speedmaster trim plates on most of mine centered up with the outer strake. They were up mounted 1/32 up on the transom.

Thanks Andy
Seaducer 1 sub surface drive hulls I always ran the next size bigger brass tube for a Stuffing box shaft ( because it was bent into a s shape. Then I just cut a 2 inch piece of 1/4 to slide into the rear of it. This allows the flex shaft to be extremely Free. I ran the tube as close to the bottom of the hull I could get. 450/2 or 452/2 depending on what your engine will pull. Pipe 9 3/4 center of plug to weld on a macs 3.5 open nitro pipe. My engine was a picco 8mm black head. Very Good hull!! Myself, Jay Stone, Kenny Hildreth ran these hulls set up like this for years. Easily a 60 plus mph set up. Turn like it was on a rail. WE did all run seaducer 60 turn fins on them too. I ran2 inch speedmaster trim plates on most of mine centered up with the outer strake. They were up mounted 1/32 up on the transom.

Thanks

Hi Joe I just remember you that did Jerry Crowther sell you new SD4 40 mono ? how was run your new? :ph34r:
No Jerry has Not sold me a SD4 Seaducer - 40 mono. I would buy one if he gets it developed. I actually placed a order for one But to date have not recveived any word on it??

Back