45 Hydro Cowl - New Design

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Charles

Thanks for the nice words on the cowl.

With this cowl I have noticed less lift than some original cowls.

With a back to back test at the pond, I can use slightly more AOA with this cowl and when you reach the limit and the boat is about to get too loose in the front, it is not so abrupt.

Yes, your 21 carb is the best ever, if you ask me, now I am waiting for the .45 size..........

Thanks

Jorgen

Hi Charles
Thanks for the nice words on the cowl.

With this cowl I have noticed less lift than some original cowls.

With a back to back test at the pond, I can use slightly more AOA with this cowl and when you reach the limit and the boat is about to get too loose in the front, it is not so abrupt.

Yes, your 21 carb is the best ever, if you ask me, now I am waiting for the .45 size..........

Thanks

Jorgen
have you ever tried a Frank Orlic 21 carb ?

Direct link to the cowl info:http://ne-stuff.blogspot.com/2009/02/jap-45-cowls.html

Attached a couple of pics of Mikael Sundgrens SGX3 45 with the JAP cowl.
:ph34r: New .45 SGX-3 Tell me what different body and shape? Who build? thanks, Allan
Its CMD (John Brown I would think) that builds the boats in Florida. What I understand the SGX-3 .45 use the same shaped tub & front sponsons as the SGX-2. The winglets are different and the rear "sponsons" where different also. The rear sponsons where really high up though and Mikael has changed that back to basically SGX-2 specs. On Mikaels .45 (the black and orange boat with JAP cowl) the rudder was also meant to be on the left on the transom and the strut was mounted below the tub so the prop was just behind the transom = more weight on the prop so to speak. In std SGX-3 spec the boat was handling really badly so now the rear winglets are the only thing still in phase "3" specs. All other items on Mikaels boat is back to SGX-2 spec and now it works ok... If I'm correct, Jörgen tested the different SGX-3 boats also but he sold them all...

The pics below is of Allan Hobbs SXG-3 "90" seen at the NAVIGA worlds in Leno Italy in August 08. Basically this is also how the .45 looks like but as mentioned Mikaels (and Jörgens) SGX3 had his strut below the tub and the rudder to the left...

7655_HobsEagleSGX3.jpg

7656_HobsEagleSGX3.jpg

Hi
Please take look at:

http://ne-stuff.blogspot.com/

If you have any questions, please send me a PM or email at:

[email protected]

Thanks

Jorgen
Looking good Jorgen. Better aerodynamics is free speed and more stable handling.

That sure is a nice looking carb that you have on your 21 engine. :)

Charles
Hi Charles, it's not Jörgens motor (with Zoom 21 carb) on the pictures - its mine... :)

/Niklas
Sorry about that Niklas. It is still a nice looking carb. :)

Charles

I used the Zoom 21 carb during more that 60 starts last year, in two proven riggers and in my own, new design rigger that is under development and I hope you will find it as good as I did.

Jorgen

Latest posts

Back