45 Calcraft CG

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13 1/2" from the transom right at the starter belt on my 45RS in a 9.5 Lbs boat.

David

Tail walking at 60+MPH :D

Last edited by a moderator:
13 1/2" from the transom right at the starter belt on my 45RS in a 9.5 Lbs boat.

David

Tail walking at 60+MPH :D
Thank you David, that measurement is the CG, not the engine placement?
The CG is 13 1/2" from the transom. It is at the same point as the starter belt grove on the Eng.

If you run it hard and hit the water or other boats it will split the seam from hull to deck.

I would advise to put some reinforcement on the seam and a extra layup in the bottom.

Thy are made lite. But if you have the power heavy is better.

David

David

Thanks David, I will aim for 13.5" from the transom. I am restoring this boat, previously the CG was further back than that. This hull is quite strong. It should have plenty of power with a Nova 46. :ph34r:

Good speed there David. Interesting to see almost a disconnect between the speeds and the RPM, for example at one point the speed drops to about 16mph with the engine still revving to 25800rpm. Do you think this is what is sctually hapening or is the cornering speed not properly calculated by the GPS?

it should go like stink with the nova rossi in it, there is a cal craft localy here with a very early drum valve picco 45 that would be very near clapped out but goes hard still the same.

Good speed there David. Interesting to see almost a disconnect between the speeds and the RPM, for example at one point the speed drops to about 16mph with the engine still revving to 25800rpm. Do you think this is what is actually happening or is the cornering speed not properly calculated by the GPS?
This was one of the first test with the boat. the bar cut on the prop would keep the prop un loaded in the corners. I have gone with a AB 5077B/3 as the final prop. this prop has 77mm of pitch and runs the boat at a better attitude. speed is the same. also had to spend some time on different turn fin designs to get the right one. the boat will scrub off speed in the corner with the wrong one. at this speed the fin is the trick to making it turn.

No hook in a Cal Craft.

David

Back