40 Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M@MRacing

Looking for a great handling 40 Tunnel for the wife

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert - already told you man Vision Craft - the Junkers are great to deal with.

Get a 40 boat and get a K Boom engine ( cheap way to start), and Rhonda will be ready to go...

Ron ;)

Robert - already told you man Vision Craft - the Junkers are great to deal with.

Get a 40 boat and get a K Boom engine ( cheap way to start), and Rhonda will be ready to go...

Ron ;)
Agreed, the Vision 40 is the way to go. Fast and stable, and corners like a dream.

-Mitch

Great to see the interest in 40 tunnel comming back. I am hoping we might generate a real Superstock "can mufler" class. Just K&B's hopefully and save the exotics for Charleston. I think the larger tunnel is a better starter boat as it survives a lot rougher water giving the newer driver wheel time in testing and races. The other benefit is a couple could run the same boat in two different classes with just a bolt on pipe change and both be competative. Lots of good hulls out there new and used.

Mic

What is a K boom engine??? Leecraft XT460 is still a great heat racer in the 7.5 class.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran Red head for 3 years in stock and mod OPC and never blew up an engine, I would send them to Clarence Lee and he would do his magic to them, they were fast and reliable, they did however have the wrong size high speed needle opening on the brass bar, we took the measurements for a 11 cc inboard engine and found out that the OB hole was smaller, we made them the same size as the inboard engine and solved all our issues with the carb.

What is a K boom engine???

Mike
That is the honorale nickname we have all given the K&B 7.5 Red Head Pro, noted for it's propensity to thow a rod through the side of the crankcase. It has lots of power and is reliable to a point, just can't over rev it out of the water for sure. James Beasley
I wouldnt restrict the name to one engine... its more the whole range but the bigger you go the bigger the boom.

Latest posts

Back