40 sized Monos??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know of one here running on 6S1P, so I thought it might be another option for 4S2P. Gotta love the H&M quality, and the price is nice too!

This is just great. I am trying to figure out which hull to use for P-Mono for NAMBA that also fits E-2 for IMPBA. E-2 of course has a 34 inch limit. Now we have clubs looking at running 40 inch hulls for P-Mono. NAMBA currently doesn't have length limits but should and soon. When somebody has the nerve to propose this for NAMBA it will be a length that does not conform with IMPBA.

My old Q Hull is now my N2. My old S-T Hull is now my P. My retreival Boat is now my Open Mono.

When and where is this going to stop? When is everyone going to get on the same page?

Darin, Sorry to steal the thread. I needed to vent. I am very very close to existing this sport.

Doug Peterson

Darin, Sorry to steal the thread. I needed to vent. I am very very close to existing this sport.
Doug Peterson
Doug... Don't leave... Build a 33-34" hull for P and go racing...

I am currently looking at either the 29.5" Delta force or a 33" Delta Force for P-Mono... We could go bigger... some may... but this way I'd be legal regardless... I also believe, perhaps naively, that once you get to the 30" range... a 30" or 33" hull should still be fairly competitive with a 36" hull... I'm currently trying to race against 33" hulls with a 27" hull, and it's just not quite working...

I'm not NEARLY brave enough to go through the hassels of being involved in officially proposing any rule changes, but if I were to do it, I'd propose limits that VERY closely mirrored what the other clubs do, so as to better serve ALL the members... But that's just me...

We will see VERY shortly that without limits, people will go to extremes... and hopefully, that will prompt some legislative work this winter to get some of this stuff corrected officially... Heck, we already had one guy in our club bring out a 41" Delta Force for P-mono, and it was FAST! Talk about trying to drive though a trough! This thing ate SV27s for lunch!!

Anyhow, don't quite... I'm as discouraged as the next guy, but I know this is a cycle that can't continue and that people will eventually get the rules to a more balanced place...

In the meantime, I build and race... and have FUN with what I have...

The 40 size Seducer is 37 inches long and from my testing it seems a little big for 4S. Calcraft also makes an excellent 40 mono. The 20 Calcraft is a 33" long boat and the 40 is 40" long. Contact Lenny Blake at www.rumracingproducts.com Lenny also is a great source for mono hardware. He specalizes in beating Seducers, Insanes, and other monos at the NAMBA Nationals. He also is usually on the winning nitro marathon team.

Lohring Miller

Thanks for the info Lohring...

The 40 size Seducer is 37 inches long and from my testing it seems a little big for 4S.

You REALLY need to come to one of our races again... some of the racing you'll see may change your thoughts on this... ;)

I know. My electric racing experience is very limited. I need to get more retired first. I have a Super V, a 2S mono, and soon (I hope) a 4S mono. If the 4S boat works I'll run it in open mono at Al Hobbs' race. I still plan to make one of your races before the end of the season.

lohring Miller

Would someone be willing to list the most popular 40 sized Monos out there currently...
I know about the Seducers... Anything else out there worth considering for a boat of this size???
SEADUCER & Speedmaster are the hulls of Choice for racing. AC lazer 40 if you mixing it up Sport & Race. The AC lazer is one of the best rough water boats on the market. Free running hull that will handle a 60 or 80 if you decide to Size Up a class later. EXCELLENT CHOICE FOR 45-67-80 ENGINE. You dont normally see a hull that will run all 3 engines sizes well..... it is a Much better choice than a Microburst. Brian @ ROCKETCityRacing.com use to stock the lazer hulls. or you can order it direct from the mfger. The lazer would be an excellent choice for a electric project.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Would someone be willing to list the most popular 40 sized Monos out there currently...
I know about the Seducers... Anything else out there worth considering for a boat of this size???
SEADUCER & Speedmaster are the hulls of Choice for racing. AC lazer 40 if you mixing it up Sport & Race. The AC lazer is one of the best rough water boats on the market. Free running hull that will handle a 60 or 80 if you decide to Size Up a class later. EXCELLENT CHOICE FOR 45-67-80 ENGINE. You dont normally see a hull that will run all 3 engines sizes well..... it is a Much better choice than a Microburst. Brian @ ROCKETCityRacing.com use to stock the lazer hulls. or you can order it direct from the mfger. The lazer would be an excellent choice for a electric project.....
Joe, don't forget the Viper .45, you will see that at E-Ville, are you runnin a .45 at E-Ville?

Joe, don't forget the Viper .45, you will see that at E-Ville, are you runnin a .45 at E-Ville?
Mark V. I ran a Current Seaducer 3 @ Evansville. Built to Jerry`s specs.... I guess by Now you already know this?? There is Not a better 45 boat for Nitro heat racing. Now for the Viper mono. This was a copied boat that had problems with the bottom. beaking point was too far forward would not turn unless you ran a large fin & put it on a long arm to drag behind the boat in the corners. It was fast in the straight. it was the 1st 45 mono I ever ran 63 mph on a stalker radar gun in 2001-2002 era. But it would Not turn. it had a breaking point positioned for a Sub surface boat. But the viper 45 mfger specs the boat to be surface drive.??? Maybe the same as the bottom it was copied from????? I personally think the SEADUCER 45 KICKS Most other Mono`s ASS...... it won 1st @ Evansville with easy!! The Lazer 40 Sammy Bowden won 2nd place with was an older boat I built & raced in 2001. It was one of the 1st 3 Lazer 40 Hulls layed up. Another excellent boat if set up properly...... & will swing more prop hard, than any 45 mono out their jw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy at the broward race one guy from down here was running one of those boats fast and stable nice boat. Robert

Back