40 seaducer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve,

Try an OPS 6280 nitro pipe with one of your mufflers.

Less cup on the X450/3 should let you shorten your pipe

length up more for more RPM. 56 MPH is not to bad.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

purple head cmb, with a os 9b,and custom spraybar. .010 head clearance, .38 head volume, stock timing

purple head cmb, with a os 9b,and custom spraybar. .010 head clearance, .38 head volume, stock timing
Just so you know there is so little difference between the SS tank and the plastic tank, It takes a gram scale to tell the difference, if two plastic tanks are used the SS tank is lighter, a 60 rigger SS tank weight is 99 grams and holds 16 oz, on average.

Thanks

Walt Barney

Tanks 2 U

Chris in a previous reply- 56 mph was mentioned, is that now or previously with a different set-up ??

Thats pretty decent speed in oval trim and still wet, I wouldn't touch it LOL. :rolleyes: Is it wet running alone, or with other boats ??

By the way-

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.......... :D :D :D

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
56 is the best we have gotten buy our selves in calm water.. boat is wet..

racing the boat loosens up some but not enough still on the wet side.

with seaducers it is hard to test in calm water as the design is for ruffer water and smooth water is not a accurate guage.

personally.. if it was me. ( this is my dad's boat and not mine ) I think part of the issue is the cooper pipe on the thing.

it is heavy, and builds tons of back pressure and i don't think it lets the motor spool up like it should. i have hounded dad about trying a nitro pipe but he wants to run a muffled pipe.

i am going to mess with the strut some more and try to get a REAL pipe on that boat and see what it will do.

thanks for all the replys

chris

thanks ray,

now if i can just get one.. since aeromarine no longer carries ops pipes they are kinda tuff to find

chris

Chris,

I gotta know,

what kind of heat racing speeds are you realistically looking for from the boat ?? :huh:

56 in calm water with a boat that will do 10 laps that way all day long, will win or place in lots of races IMHO ........

Or maybe our 40 class in d3 IS that weak :blink: At this point I would say you need one of those VERY trick strut adjusters that can adjust a nats azz at a time "consistantly" ( seen one here somewhere in D3 ?? on a seaducer ??? :rolleyes: ) and start tweaking props. I could have a lot of fun with a B boat that ran 56 all day long........WET . :p

Andy

56 is the best we have gotten buy our selves in calm water.. boat is wet..
racing the boat loosens up some but not enough still on the wet side.

with seaducers it is hard to test in calm water as the design is for ruffer water and smooth water is not a accurate guage.

personally.. if it was me. ( this is my dad's boat and not mine ) I think part of the issue is the cooper pipe on the thing.

it is heavy, and builds tons of back pressure and i don't think it lets the motor spool up like it should. i have hounded dad about trying a nitro pipe but he wants to run a muffled pipe.

i am going to mess with the strut some more and try to get a REAL pipe on that boat and see what it will do.

thanks for all the replys

chris
Chris You coming to the Evansville fall race? we can compare the bottoms of both hulls.. The Mac marine products Nitro pipe @ 9 3/4 is a great pipe also. I have one that has been raced for about a year Its as fast as any 40 mono out there... Picco power on Mac pipe w 450/3 tipped up.

I ran an SD2 for years and MICRO adjustments on the strut made WORLDS of difference . As all the GURUS have stated , even sharpening the rudder carefully will loosen the boat up . I used to have to make small adjustments to my strut depending on how many boats were in the heat ! they are a blast though !

boat is fixed. per tom david instructions. worked great
All right Steve,

call me lazy-but my Rays are coming on soon and I don't feel like looking back at the whole thread- lol . ;) where were his 'instructions' ever posted ???? I took a peak back and maybe I missed it but- ????

What where the suggestions that made the dif.(general) and how fast did you guys end up in oval trim ???

Andy

Back