40 OB pipe of choice?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim leyde

I am pondering about a 40 boat. I am only unsure of what pipe to buy. I would be running a Nova/Lights conversion if it ever happens. Just wondering what pipe works with that combo.

TL

The Irwin pipe was a little too small as far as volume goes. The HTB pipe works best on my Nova/Lights setup.

The Irwin pipe was a little too small as far as volume goes. The HTB pipe works best on my Nova/Lights setup.
Thanks, have you tried the Equi or not?

TL
Tim,

I can speak for the Equi. It works great on my set- up. On and off the trigger easily, and you can idle with it fine. The motor loves it.

- Brandon

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim,

The pipe Brandon is referring to still holds the IMPBA D Tunnel and E Tunnel SAW records and won the 2012 D Tunnel Championship a few weeks ago. It is an awesome pipe.

I am looking for one of those equi pipes if anyone has one that they would be willing to sell,

Cheers,

Dion.

I am looking for one of those equi pipes if anyone has one that they would be willing to sell,

Cheers,

Dion.
Dion,

It will probably be easier to purchase the Equi pieces from Bob Kensil, (krpnova above), as he purchased the dies from John Equi, and a 40-60 Irwin pipe for the center section to have your own pipe made. Finding complete pipes are tough as it has been years since they were manufactured and welded. I have an open thread for getting these pipes but I have only been able to pick up one off of IW in a year of trying, (Thanks again to Gabe... ;) ).

BTW, if you can't find an Irwin pipe for the center section, the standard non-billet Andy Brown non-muffled pipe would be a very close alternative..... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim,

Do yourself a favor and just go with the Hopper Silver Bullet. I think Bob has tested a few and I sure have and there is a reason they are on my motors. I have Irwins that are faster (slightly) but do not needle anywhere near the Hopper. Sitting dead in the water or not being able to get on pipe doesn't do you any good.

Mic

Tim,

Do yourself a favor and just go with the Hopper Silver Bullet. I think Bob has tested a few and I sure have and there is a reason they are on my motors. I have Irwins that are faster (slightly) but do not needle anywhere near the Hopper. Sitting dead in the water or not being able to get on pipe doesn't do you any good.

Mic
Is there only one version of the 45 pipe or two. If two what is the one of choice?TL

Tim,

Mic
Is there only one version of the 45 pipe or two. If two what is the one of choice?TL
For a .45 there is only one Silver Bullet. The .21 has two versions.

Mic

Latest posts

Back