4 cell dry reciever pack with alkaline batteries

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriscarbon

Supporting Member
i am helping a newbie to the sport and was wondering what is the safe voltage that you can run this pack down to and still be safe. i didn't think it was the same as nmhi 4 cell packs.

thanks

chris

When mine get down to 5.7 - 5.8V, I pull them and set them aside to be put into the transmitter, when that gets below 9.3V. So I use them twice for the boats. Then I use them around the house for other electronic items. So that is 3 times. Get good use of them.

I use to do the same. Down to 1.45v for the boats. Then down to 1.35v for the transmitter. Then the kids toys. I have since switched over to 5 cell nimhs. I had to because some of my boats I can not fit a 4 pack of alk. cells. Now I can build any pack to fit the tight space. If you just are useing nimh cells in a 4 pack than you have to be more careful. Each cell is 1.2v instead of 1.5. I will not run a 4cell nicad or nimh because of the lower voltage.

Mike

You do not want to use dry cells for the receiver the holders will not last the end will crack and you will loose connection plus the dry cells also do not hold up to the abuse boats can dish out.

I disagree Bill. I wrap both my receiver and battery packs in foam and use several rubber bands to keep them tight. And then bag them. I inspect them after each day's run and I can generally get a year's use out of one, as long as it is protected in the foam. If you do not protect it in foam, then you are rolling the dice and I'll agree with you.

I disagree Bill. I wrap both my receiver and battery packs in foam and use several rubber bands to keep them tight. And then bag them. I inspect them after each day's run and I can generally get a year's use out of one, as long as it is protected in the foam. If you do not protect it in foam, then you are rolling the dice and I'll agree with you.
ditto for me on the foam. the plastic holders won't hold up without it.

John and Robin you are correct IF the holder is wrapped in foam and rubber bands, but most beginers do not do that and why take a chance when rechargable packs are very reasonable in costs. Cheap insurance on your RC model.

John and Robin you are correct IF the holder is wrapped in foam and rubber bands, but most beginers do not do that and why take a chance when rechargable packs are very reasonable in costs. Cheap insurance on your RC model.
6v 4 cell pack vs 4.8 volt 4 cell pack B) .

Back