3rd Channel Operation

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimracer

Fellas,

I have a question and would like to get some input.

I dont use a 3rd channel on any of my boats. In thinking.. how do you guys use it..

Let me break it down.

Pistol users.. do you let go of the steering to adjust your mixture?

Two stick users.. do you let go of the throttle to adjust your mixture?

To the pistol user one would think you would have no choice but I suspect one might set up the D/R dial as a mixture.

In any case lets have your input.

Grimracer

Something about letting go of the steering that’s got me thinking! That just really sounds like a bad idea..lol No wonder I get wacked from time to time! lol.. KIDDING..

I use the digital trim just in front of the wheel. I don't have to let go of the wheel,just move one finger

I use a pistol grip and I use my thumb to adjust the needle. There's 2 buttons there so to avoid confusion on my part I have them both do the mixing I don't have to worry about which one I'm hitting.

I was putting the 3rd channel on both of the the grip wheels (3PK) and using my thumb to adjust, but I couldn't remember which way was rich.

Since moving it to a knob, I have eliminated that confusion. I use my thumb to hold the wheel while I adjust the knob.

If you practice enough you can drive with one hand using your thumb on the wheel.

I assign it to the throttle trim, up is lean, down is rich. I also can grab the 3rd channel knob and use that while using my thumb for steering corrections if needed. (Futaba wheel radio)

Hey Now Micky,

3PK. I would assign the third channel to one of two places. First Digital Dail 1. Or Digital Trim 2. Use your thumb to operate the

Switchs. You can also reverse them to your liking. Example Digital Trim 2. Up for lean ,down for rich. Digital Dail 1 right for lean left for rich. NO letting go of the wheel. (^¿^) .

Stick Radios I have no clue.

Nails

Hey Now Micky,

3PK. I would assign the third channel to one of two places. First Digital Dail 1. Or Digital Trim 2. Use your thumb to operate the

Switchs. You can also reverse them to your liking. Example Digital Trim 2. Up for lean ,down for rich. Digital Dail 1 right for lean left for rich. NO letting go of the wheel. (^¿^) .

Stick Radios I have no clue.

Nails
Mike, I do the same as Nails on my 3pk. Last time I ran a stick they were only 2 channel. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Same as Chris Thorton I push it forward to lean pull back to richen using my thumb

Use the top dial wheel on the grip, and rotate it with my thumb.

I do the same thing as Chris Thornton push the swith froward to lean and back to rich.

Dave Roach

hi grim

i use the DL3 on the 4pk i find this works for me as i need to wait till im in the straights to adjust the mixture

thus stopping me from overleaning when im chasing someone :lol:

i also find i only have time to adjust buy 2 clicks at a time instaed of 20 :lol:

cheers rick

Never take may hand off. 3PK I use the dial under the wheel and adjust with my thumb. Left is lean and right is rich.

On my stick Radio I use the buttons on the top of radio where my hands naturally rest, again left is lean and right is rich.

I dont use them too much but a couple of clicks when i go out and can always lean down easily. If I lean down during a race I always richen up a click or two on my way in. I have not been too lean in years using this method.

Robert

Z man, on my Airtronics M11 there is a switch that sets on the pistol grip right behind my thumb. I use this switch for my third channel mixture, so I literally do nothing but move the tip of my thumb back and fourth on that button. Very very simple. Much easier to set one up on a radio that has many different switches that you can set to your liking

3PJ has 2 grip wheels. I set upper to D/R, lower is Needle. Also knob, and digital trim 3 2. I can use any of them..........Clockwise on knob is lean. On DT3 2 and GR2 push with my thumb is lean, pull is rich.

Lots of options on the 4pl where you don't have to let go of the important stuff!!! I however can operate with one hand using my thumb to steer incase my nose itches!!!

Just like Jeff S. does with my older pistol grip, newer ones assign to a thumb wheel, or stick radio even simpler. Wow, historic day when the Grim Racer goes to 3rd channel mixture!

Wallster

Back