3300 cells

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjslhill

Extensive 3300 testing study data coming. We will share this data on IW. Testing includes all sorts of discharge curves, including 100 amps! Look for data latter on this evening.

thanks

Steve

So based on the 100 amp dis charge results what kind of voltage per cell do you think Joerg was getting during his 120mph run Steve?

Steven

www.OffshoreElectrics.com

I would need more data to know exactly how much the cells had left ect.

As for his cells being better than others in the market, not likely. Cells are not the only thing that Joerg had going for him, it was the complete setup.

So based on the 100 amp dis charge results what kind of voltage per cell do you think Joerg was getting during his 120mph run Steve?

Steven

www.OffshoreElectrics.com

Steven

We don't know whether Joerg's motor was drawing anywhere near 100 amps. What we could do is work backward from the known data. We know from audio spectral analysis that his motor was turning in the region of just under 50,000 rpm (loaded) If we know the Kv of his motor then we could estimate what kind of voltage per cell it would take to achieve this rpm. For maximum efficiency and performance his loaded rpm was probably in the region of 75-80% of the motor's unloaded rpm. This would mean that the unloaded rpm would have been in the region of 65K.

If we use y as the cell voltage under load then:

32y times Kv = 65,000

Disclaimer: this is a ballpark calculation :)

Just so you understand, I never started this thread to calculate the current or voltage of Joerg's motor. This is a informational thread for the GP3300 cell (green / yellow) in this case.

Steven

We don't know whether Joerg's motor was drawing anywhere near 100 amps. What we could do is work backward from the known data. We know from audio spectral analysis that his motor was turning in the region of just under 50,000 rpm (loaded) If we know the Kv of his motor then we could estimate what kind of voltage per cell it would take to achieve this rpm. For maximum efficiency and performance his loaded rpm was probably in the region of 75-80% of the motor's unloaded rpm. This would mean that the unloaded rpm would have been in the region of 65K.

If we use y as the cell voltage under load then:

32y times Kv = 65,000

Disclaimer: this is a ballpark calculation :)

Just so you understand, I never started this thread to calculate the current or voltage of Joerg's motor. This is a informational thread for the GP3300 cell (green / yellow) in this case.

But you can see that the cells could not keep the boat running fast if it used 100 constant amps. Looks like he was running an average of 60-70 amps
Thats what I was getting at. I didnt mean to change your topic Steve.

By the way thanks for all the hard work. Is there a way to figure the long term effects of say 60 amps discharge? Without the field testing.

I have loads of data after that killer cycle.....they keep going. The only thing I have noticed is capacity losses, voltage is still good. Pretty amazing I'd say.

I want to do some N3000CR data next.

thanks,

Steve

Steve

great stuff

any info on how the cells were after a 100amp discharge?

I stand corrected....I had some mistakes in the 100 amp killer test. Joerg could have used 100 amps.

www.battlepack.com/images/3300-100amp-C.JPG

Hello Steve,

What was the temps like after spanking them with 100 amps? Actually I'm pretty surprised by the 60 amp chart and at 50 amper was quite respectable. My guess is that it will be 3300s all the way for me next year.

Paul.

I have that data.....52C at the end of cycle on 60 amps

with fan.

70C at 50 amps without fan.

So, they get pretty toasty at 60 amps without air flow.

Steve I think I worked out joergs motor seemed to be runnign about .97v to turn the rpm it did that knocks i guess somewhere near 100 looks about right

I corrected my graph above....it was incorrect. He may have been running 100 amps

Steve I think I worked out joergs motor seemed to be runnign about .97v to turn the rpm it did that knocks i guess somewhere near 100 looks about right

TRUCKPULL said:
joergs made a post that his 3300's were some new flat top cells.
LARRY
Yes, flat tops have arrived. There is no performance difference so far. Only the button top is different.

thanks

Steve

Back