3.5cc Reverse Wound Drive Cables for C/R

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Zier

I'm looking for a reverse wound drive cable for a 3.5cc to brushless conversion. I'll be using twin outboards so I'd like one to be c/r. Anyone know where to get them?

Thanks, Tim

Cant you just flip it over depending on which way you need it wound?

~ James

Octura carries "reverse" wound cables. Check with a local supplier of wire rope and slings,they will have access to speedometer cable.

Cant you just flip it over depending on which way you need it wound?

~ James
????????? have you done that & looked at the cable, james :blink: ? if that were true, ALL our ob flex cables could only be installed one way! you're scarin' me, dude :lol: :lol: . see ya at the fall nats.

yeah, I wanted to retract afterwards... but I had to go look at a cable.

Robin, it may come as a surprise, but even I am allowed one brain fart a year. :D

so, how many years ahead of that are you :rolleyes: :lol: ? don't feel bad, i had to look at a flex to be sure, also :p ......

yeah, I wanted to retract afterwards... but I had to go look at a cable.

Robin, it may come as a surprise, but even I am allowed one brain fart a year. :D
ONE <_< , then i'll keep my mouth shut ;) i never was good with #'s was i :blink:

tim

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for a reverse wound drive cable for a 3.5cc to brushless conversion. I'll be using twin outboards so I'd like one to be c/r. Anyone know where to get them?

Thanks, Tim
If you find a source for the cable,I have a die for squaring the ends. If you pay the shipping,it's yours. It takes a hydraulic press to do it.

Bob Kensill

tim, auto parts stores carry speedo cable repair kits. about 6' of cable in them. not sure of size or direction of wind, though.

bob, if tim doesn't want the squaring die, i will gladly take it.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Bob, thanks for the offer but right now I'm not interested in the dies. I don't have a press anyway.

Tim

Tim, I know you can get the reverse wound cable, ship it to Kris Flynn, he will get it right for you. Did you get everything else you need to do the build??? You run the Circus yet? Let me know! Mike

Everything seems to run in reverse downunder :D

James Clegg? :blink: Umm you should have deleted that LOL!

BTW SOWEGA isnt all that far so maaaybe!

Last edited:
Maybe Tim, he will find out soon enough.

I didn't have alot of tourque steer/ prop walk with my twin and both spun the same way...

Cheers

Kris

Back