3.5 tunnels

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slideblues

Hey Guy's

Ive tried to catch up reading, But thought a post might be good too,

Whats everyone running design wise or other, New stuff in tha works.......Etc

Mikie, JD, James, Mark tha OB nut, Jer, and anyone else too ;)

Wood or Glass, Chime in here,

Gener B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Gener, the HTB's are still popular, along with the L ynx's, and Leecraft now has a new owner.

O.E.R. has a couple glass boats in the prototype stages and ive heard there is talk of wood kit there as well, not sure if that'll make it but you never know.

Ive read talk about a TS3 thats in the design/prototype stages, and there are about a million of the TS2's around.

The little OS's are sure screaming these days....

~James

PS, the 1/4 scale gas tunnels are taking off as well!

I have seen the Top Speed 3 prototype run at Evansville, Mike Z was driving it, I think some people will be buying new tunnels when that baby comes out. Ken

Gener,

Currently running / racing the five boats listed in my sig.. Also have a Hot Shot Sprint (wof of course!) K&B SS, Aerotech with K&B 7.5, Bandit with Rossi / Lawless. Haven't had any chance to build any lately, been chasing a skirt around B) Also purchased 3.5 and 7.5 molds from Mark Nelsen, but have yet to get around to those also.

I have seen the Top Speed 3 prototype run at Evansville, Mike Z was driving it, I think some people will be buying new tunnels when that baby comes out. Ken
Ive seen it too, but Mike Z. could win races with an outboard strapped to a 2x4!! :D

~James

Glad to see ya back on dude. I have found HTB's to be very user friendly and at the same time very good on the race course. Hard boat to beat since all you have to do is install a radio system and a motor. You should make plans to come to the World Tunnel Boat Championship here next year. Would not doubt if we get 200 boats this time.

Mark

I'm currently developing a frankenstein engine which I've been doing initial testing on my WOF30.

I have a new HTB290 waiting for this engine. Just have to bolt it together and paint it. I wanted to try and get the motor sorted before putting it on a new boat, to minimise the set-up hassles.

hay Mark i hope you catch up with that skirt Evey now an again :lol: that makes cashing a hole lot more fun ;)

JDs WOF an a old vilain

Marty
Hey Marty,

He caught that skirt,or she caught him I'm not sure but they do make a good pair ;) :)

Hey Slidey, Tryin' to finish up a 290 myself with a RB Concepts 728 buggy engine on a TT lower. My O.S.30VG

(VGER) powerhead will share in that same boat too for Open Tunnel class at our club races.

A nice array of 21 O/B motors are lined up to run on the boat in my avatar and there is 3 direct drive O/B's

for my mod XTR when I finish painting it. So many motors, so little time :(

JW

hay Mark i hope you catch up with that skirt Evey now an again :lol: that makes cashing a hole lot more fun ;)

JDs WOF an a old vilain

Marty
Hey Marty,

He caught that skirt,or she caught him I'm not sure but they do make a good pair ;) :)
it's the latter, not former B) Yepper, she's a keeper.. Let's me run boats anytime I want!!! Can I ask for anything more than that?

I believe I am running or have run everything thats around.

I had a Bandit killer (now on Vancouver Island) , a Graupner tunnel( Bob has it) and a descent running TS2.

Currently running a Villain, a Lynx, a "nasty" HTB290 , a Nemesis( hasn't seen H2O yet), a WOF ( thanks Mark for building it) and a Villain thats not build yet ... :)

The Villain runs very nice and smooth, the HTB is so far my favorite since it f...fast

I have seen Grimracer with the new TS3, a winner ( in his hands everything seems a winner) and the new Lynx.

Other tunnels: well twins are maybe a new class.

Lets not forget the always fun to drive MOD vp tunnels...

I know a tunnel guy who has the molds for making tunnels, don't know what will come out, and when is the Villain re-introduced? wooden version seems very popular.

Ronald.

hey guys how would a villian go with a mod green head hanging on?? is it a lil to short? :huh:

Gener glad youre back, as one of the innovators extrordinaire, it'll pep things up..... Carl's boats are takin the show, for now, i'm workin on quite a few hulls myself..... ( not carls) All the hulls mentioned will rock if ya wanta put the time in.... get with James for a rockin O.S. if you're sportin', for sure.... I was really impressed with the twin O.S. shaman's I saw, too.... whatever you decide to build, we'll be waitin...

In the villian realm of things per previous, i had good luck with a super mod piped KB early, over built the next hull and bumped it from sport contention, it's LS nova powered, testing will prove frustrating so far, I'm not in the habit of balancing my finger at half throttle.... the boat has extensive work on the build to make it mod acceptable, I'm looking next at under propping to keep it on the water.... A greenie and it's same nova characterisitics, will prove a task too, I'm sure..... not sayin it cant be done, the hulls are great, serious work/testing will continue.... the Nemesis takes the mod power hands down way better than the shorter villian.... good luck

stick around Gene!

I’m surprised to see that Mike Z isn’t in here pushing his current product. After all…we all know it’s newer, faster and even more plastic and cheaper to manufacture than all previous ver$ions!

With that said…we all know his previous products have been named at least,……uh ….well….. maybe one of his skeet vacuums will post fer us how good his old stuff was

I’m sure Mr. Moderator or one of his boyz will post when Hobbico lets them. :eek:

Then again….maybe they wont……since I’ve posted this….lets see what happens…so the drama. I think I’ll go bite a fingernail. :p

oopsie...I said hobbico....does that mean I'm booted fer a year? :unsure:

Kevin

Glad you are on the forum too.

I thought that Grimracer was at a show, so probably he has to get everything in gear and read the forum.

Indeed the new tunnel is going great, but Mike is driving it.....

Ronald.

Latest posts

Back